Valerie Harper has brain cancer

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just found out on the news today that Valerie Harper has been diagnosed with brain cancer, and may possibly only have three more months to live.

Really sad. Hers was one of my favorite TMS episodes.

Teheheman

Reaction score
But ya know? She looks like she's gonna fight til the end. From what I heard, she's going to go through all the chemo and stuff, but still, I liked her on the Mary Tyler Moore Show. That show kind of lost something when she left. I dunno what it was.

Daniel

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I loved her on the Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda. This news comes less than a week after Bonnie Franklin died. :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I almost forgot, but she also appeared on THE GREAT SPACE COASTER as well:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
She's a fighter and won't give up. Just like Mary Tyler Moore didn't give up on Type 1 Diabetes, neither will Valerie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know Valerie's not dead yet, but it seems, to me anyway, that tribute marathons are a bit premature right now. Again, it could be just me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know Valerie's not dead yet, but it seems, to me anyway, that tribute marathons are a bit premature right now. Again, it could be just me.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it's in poor taste. She's been on just about every television forum to say how exactly not dead she is, only to have every television forum say how prematurely dead she is behind her back. Something tells me Valerie's got some good years ahead of her, too bad these overzealous yet good intentions kinda sound like they've got a pool based on when she does.

Teheheman

Reaction score
She said "I'm not dying til I do" and yeah, it's incurable, BUT she also said that the doctors said she could live somewhere between 3 months to years so it's hard to say. She's a fighter and she'll try to get through this as long as it takes. It IS a shame that it takes something like this to appreciate a talent like hers. She was one of the best sidekicks in TV history when she played Rhoda.

Daniel