Van Morrison and Kermit singing Bein' Green

tommixx

Reaction score
Van Morrison and Kermit?

Hello,

I'm looking for an video (or failing that even a audio) recording of Van Morrison singing "Bein' Green" with Kermit on The Muppet Show. I believe it was in the 1970s, but I've been unable to find it, or even any reference to the episode on the Muppet sites.

Can anyone tell me on what episode/season/year that auspicious duet took place, and if there is a recording of it in existence? And of course, how I can get my a hold of it?

Thanks much for your assistance.

Best,
Tommixx

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Tomixx,
Not sure where you got this info from in the first place, but Van Morrisson was never on the Muppet Show and to my knowledge has never recorded a version of "Bein' Green" with Kermit. Perhaps there was some kind of T.V. appearance with both of them around the same time with them singing that song, but I know for a fact he was never a guest on the Muppet Show.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
tommixx said:
Hello,

I'm looking for an video (or failing that even a audio) recording of Van Morrison singing "Bein' Green" with Kermit on The Muppet Show. I believe it was in the 1970s, but I've been unable to find it, or even any reference to the episode on the Muppet sites.

Can anyone tell me on what episode/season/year that auspicious duet took place, and if there is a recording of it in existence? And of course, how I can get my a hold of it?
I know for a fact that Van Morrision was never on The Muppet Show. And I don't know of any times that Van Morrision sang Being Green with Kermit. Van Morrision did record a cover of the song "Bein' Green" (the same song made famous by Kermit on The Muppet Show) on their album Hard Nose the Highway back in 1973. But I don't know of any times when Van Morrison played with Kermit, nor if there is any video of such a happening if it did take place.

You can get the CD with Van Morrison's version of Bein' Green at Amzon.com (but Kermit is not singing with them). http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002GNM/ref=dp_item-information_0/002-1453923-9677634?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174&s=music&v=glance