Vanishing Magic

Censored

Reaction score
I saw part of that current Sesame Street episode where Snuffy becomes invisible from a magical ukulele. While Big Bird's song to Snuffy was rather heartwarming, it seems like they threw away a lot of potential humor and story. In the past, something like that would have been caused by The Amazing Mumford and there would be a series of errors and confusion before it was all cleared up. I just didn't see that in this episode (granted, I didn't watch the whole thing). Then there was the final gag when Bob picks up the ukulele and starts to play it. I thought there was going to be some hilarious gags about the confusion of Bob turning invisible and his reactions to it. Yet, all that happened was that he played the ukulele, turned invisible and turned visible again without even realizing it. Big deal. Again, I didn't see all of it, but from what I did see, it appeared to be a far cry from the old zany skits where Mumford switched Maria's voice with a duck, or turned Maria into a child, or made everything in Mile's room humungous so Snuffy could play in it. It was a lot more fun for everyone back then, especially the children.

salemfan

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I saw part of that current Sesame Street episode where Snuffy becomes invisible from a magical ukulele. While Big Bird's song to Snuffy was rather heartwarming, it seems like they threw away a lot of potential humor and story. In the past, something like that would have been caused by The Amazing Mumford and there would be a series of errors and confusion before it was all cleared up. I just didn't see that in this episode (granted, I didn't watch the whole thing). Then there was the final gag when Bob picks up the ukulele and starts to play it. I thought there was going to be some hilarious gags about the confusion of Bob turning invisible and his reactions to it. Yet, all that happened was that he played the ukulele, turned invisible and turned visible again without even realizing it. Big deal. Again, I didn't see all of it, but from what I did see, it appeared to be a far cry from the old zany skits where Mumford switched Maria's voice with a duck, or turned Maria into a child, or made everything in Mile's room humungous so Snuffy could play in it. It was a lot more fun for everyone back then, especially the children.
I didn't see the second half of that episode. But what are the lyrics to Big Bird's song to Snuffy?