1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Varient Floyd Found!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by kmcphoto, Aug 11, 2002.

1. kmcphoto

kmcphoto New Member

You can pre-order varient Floyd at Beanstoys.com. It comes with a whole set of series two figs together. The only problem is you dont get the regular Floyd with that order. But you can order him seperately at ebgames.com when it becomes availible.
  2. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Thanks for the info! :D

- Billy :cool:
  3. Jackie

Jackie New Member

WHooohoooo!
  4. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

But when we order Floyd from EB, aren't some of us going to get variant Floyd, there by giving us two variant Floyds and no regular Floyd?

I don't think EB is seperating out regular Floyd from Varian Floyd-- they have the same skew and all.
  5. kmcphoto

kmcphoto New Member

There is a chance you could get two, but just call customer service and request a regular Floyd.
  6. BigDumbWookiee

BigDumbWookiee New Member

Or since they cost the same, just trade someone for a regular version :)
  7. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Variant Floyd will have a different SKU number. We had to do it in order to control distribution of sets in the warehouse. Unfortunately while that will make it easier for you to order it from your retailer you will also have a tough time if a retailer decides to hoard them and gouge.
  8. trammel

trammel New Member

Will retailers that order special case pack outs like www.newforcecomics.com be receiving the variant Floyd figure also?

-Tom
  9. ResidentLilly

Yes. Everybody who gets one case gets one Variant Floyd. No exceptions.
  10. kmcphoto

kmcphoto New Member

Why order a case when beans.com has it for less then half the price. It will be real easy to find the regular Floyd.
  11. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

What site are you talking about? I typed in beans.com and got something that didn't look anything like a toy company.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

www.beanstoys.com is the link - i guess the whole point of doing chase figures kinda lessens with the idea that either the fans will find it easy to get or they'll get rooked by the greedy comic store.
  13. ResidentLilly

It's always somethin', ain't it?
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

Thats it buster, needless to say, there'll be no sax solo's over at MY house next year ! LOL ! Just kiddin .... :D
  15. ResidentLilly

I don't get it...
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well if the "It's always something ain't it ?" comment was aimed at me - i was just giving you a gentle nudge in the direction of the great comments i had just made about your Zoot figure. I call it like I see it .......... saying that, it's 4am here and i don't get the joke now either, told ya - it's the meds tonight !
  17. ResidentLilly

Oh I didn't get it at all...I just meant that thing about the variant...not at you specifically but you pointed out something valid. You make it hard to chase, you cheese people. You make it easy to chase, you cheese people. Basically, it's one big CHEESE fest...WOO-HOO!

Now where's my waffle...?
  18. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

personally I could care less about the chase figure.I want all the figs in their regular outfits,of course I have gotten some exclusives but I rather just get the reg while everyone else is looking for the chase figure.but if I do see the chase figure 10 to 1 I will pick it up.
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

Nah - i think you are doing pretty good, at least Rizzo would be proud ! ;)
  20. NewForceComics

NewForceComics New Member

Hello all...
    Just was introduced to the board this morning, so I thought I would chime in on this thread (and try to stop by from time to time)....when we started preselling the series 2 cases and sets of 4 back in Feb, we were not aware there would be a variant (Floyd) figure. We presold cases at $89.99 for those that wanted multiple sets at a better than average retail price (maybe to open, leave one MOC, extras for kids, etc) and sets of 4 at $35.96. I know that all 3 of my kids each have their own set opened and played with, so the case route is beneficial to some.

To be fair to all that have already preordered these past months (before a variant was announced), we will, of course, randomly ship variant Floyds to every third preorder of the sets (assuming we get one variant per case, and three sets per case, every 3rd order will be shipped a set with the variant).

Just to clarify, we did not presell a case to "force" a customer to buy a whole case just to get a variant for reasons stated above (in fact, even now, there is still no mention of variant on our site). And we will not charge Premium prices to our customers just to get a chase figure or set with a chase figure (we don't like the idea of chase figures, anyway).

The whole idea of a chase figure, in our opinion, is really designed to get retailers to order more product from a manufacturer, in hopes of increasing sales, but, in reality, we feel it hurts the collector (the "completists") when they are not able to locate a chase figure, or at least do so at retail prices (Can anyone say "Playmates 1701" Fiasco)...

I have told any customer of ours that will listen, that I think the Muppets series 1 set should be the "toy/collectible of the year"...hands down, in our opinion the best produced (in overall terms of packaging, painting opps of the figures, stunning realism, value, accessories etc) figures so far...I just hope Palisades can build on the momentum that series 1 has established.
    Rick, www.newforcecomics.com