Various never aired Muppet cartoons/shows

beaker

Reaction score
Over the years, weve heard of various Muppet projects that were either made in test pilot form, or never left the conceptual stage.
Here then now, I would like to list a few that I know of, as well as hear back from people on here what info they might have on them.

*Scary Scary Monsters: In 1998, there was a neat promotional campaign, as well as lots of neat books for SSM. Basically, it was very akin to Fraggle Rock, except in animated form. It even starred that obscure Muppet/Sesame rarity Splurge. Unfortunately it never aired...and only some plush, KFC happy meal toys, and books were produced.(One of which, a popup book, has to be one of the coolest Muppet popup books ever)
So...Im curious, does anybody know if a test pilot was made, or if animated sequences even exist?

*Muppet High: In the late 80's a Muppet High cartoon was proposed. There was even a set of pvcs that came out.
PErhaps this was in response of all those 'Muppet kid/teen' illustarted books that came out around that time.
Also curious if a test pilot was made.

*Little Muppet Monsters: The 1986 Muppets celebrate 30 years is the ONLY thing Ive seen clips of this show. This supposedly had 3 episodes in 1985 on cbs...with segments featuring Sesame type monsters looking though old belongings from TMS and a Muppet cartoon. But again, I have no info on this. I have however, seen concept sketches for Beaker, Bunsen, Kermit, etc. I have never run into someone who has this for tape trade, and was wondering if 1) anybody has it for trade 2) If more than 3 episodes were made, but unaired?

*Primitives: I vaguely recall years ago reading on MC about a show in 1988 JHC was making called the Primitives, with desgins for characters remenescent of the tiki masked guys from the Harry Belefonte sketch.

Im curious what other concept/in development but never aired Muppet stuff has been in the works. Also, unaired episodes from TMS, MT, or JHH(besides the tubes thing)

It stinks as fans to here about a really neat spinoff show, only for it to never air. As a huge Seinfeld fan, I was estatic to hear two spinoffs were in production...a spinoff sitcom called 'Jackie' and a animated version of Seinfeld. Anyways, any info on these would be greatly appreciated.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

*Scary Scary Monsters: In 1998, there was a neat promotional campaign, as well as lots of neat books for SSM. Basically, it was very akin to Fraggle Rock, except in animated form. It even starred that obscure Muppet/Sesame rarity Splurge. Unfortunately it never aired...and only some plush, KFC happy meal toys, and books were produced.(One of which, a popup book, has to be one of the coolest Muppet popup books ever)
So...Im curious, does anybody know if a test pilot was made, or if animated sequences even exist?

i have a small stuffed animal of a red monster with long yellow legs and arms

radionate

Reaction score
I remember Little Muppet Monsters clearly. I even saw the episodes when they aired, but alas, have no copies of them.

I want to know if the children's game show with the Aliens that Henson was working on ever had a pilot filmed.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate,

Yep im pretty sure it did !

I also want to see Puppetman starring Richard Hunt as a person (acting) working on a Puppet show.

Henson actually made a Special !

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

I just remembered, There were Twelve episodes of Little Muppet Monsters made.

Only Three aired.

See ya

radionate

Reaction score
Is everyone sure that only 3 aired? I could swear up and down I saw more then just 3 episodes. Then again, I'm old, and college life took its toll on my memory. SIGH :frown: