Various Palisades figure questions

CherryPizza

Reaction score
So my tax refund has rekindled my interest in getting my collection complete, and while searching for the final figures, or searching for replacements for the battered-and-bruised among my wares, a number of questions have come to mind:

1. Would it be fair to conclude that interest in the line has now pretty much died among the collector circle? I see so many eBay auctions for these products which have zero bids.

2. Which figure/s would be considered the 'holy grail' for collectors of this line? There was a time when it could be nothing but the invisible Beaker and the WWE Dr Teeth, but I know that there was much life in the line after they were around.

3. How did the industry give-away toys work? Were they given to other stallholders at conventions? Given to VIPs at parties? Would the idea have been that everyone who attended the event would leave with everyone else's industry give-away item?

4. Where is there a comprehensive list of which figures and playsets were part of the line? I know that there was once one on this site, I think there was a specific link to it from the Collectables section, but I can't find it now.

5. Have you heard of the banana sketch?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ima crashing off to sleep pretty soon... But PM or email me and I can give you a full list of the entire run.

rexcrk

Reaction score
My personal holy grail was the Series 3 Zoot. And I got him for about $98 with shipping (which I was more than glad to pay, because it completed my "regular series" collection! =D)

Can't really help with the rest of your questions though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The interest in the Muppet line is actually growing. The economy has hit every industry hard, but expect the value of these figures to rise a lot in the future. These are already very valuable and are only going to me even more so! Hang on to them. :wink:

Holy Grails include:
Series 3 Zoot :cool:
Series 2 Exclusive Wizard World Dr. Teeth (the regular one too)
Series 2 Electric Mayhem Playset with Animal
Exclusive Backstage Playset with Rowlf
Exclusive privately released Kermit & Miss Piggy Wedding set
Exclusive Rainbow Connection Kermit
Exclusive Jim Henson Figure
Series 8 Swedish Chef

A list of industry giveaways is tough because some of it was just repackaging. Most of my knowledge on the subject stems from working on some of the figures, my own collecting of them and actually working part time in a toy shop devoted to action figures. Hope this helped. :super:

ohtherain

Reaction score
Now if you were to call those the holy grails (and I agree entirely) what would be the easiest to find figures? I'd say Kermit, Clifford, Pigs in Space playset, Newsman, Beauregard, Cabin Boy Rizzo and Gonzo, Johnny Fiama, Frog Scout Robin and Uncle Deadly. Agreed?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I dunno about Cabin Boy Gonzo & Rizzo or Uncle Deadly. Gonzo and Rizzo were a convention exclusive / available from Palisades Direct Store. Uncle Deadly was exclusive to omgcnfo.com.... I haven't recently searched for any of them though, seeing as how I've had them for quite some time and never needed to =P

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Now if you were to call those the holy grails (and I agree entirely) what would be the easiest to find figures? I'd say Kermit, Clifford, Pigs in Space playset, Newsman, Beauregard, Cabin Boy Rizzo and Gonzo, Johnny Fiama, Frog Scout Robin and Uncle Deadly. Agreed?
Your list is on the mark. Kermit's getting harder and increasing in value, so I'd leave him off. I would include series one hair-up Piggy and Super Hero Scooter. Sweetums has been an easier get than I would have guessed. That's strange.

ohtherain

Reaction score
Hmm...hair up Piggy I'm not sure about; I just started collecting these figures and the only Piggy that was easy to find was the one with Pigs in Space, which I grabbed quickly. Cabin Boy Gonzo and Rizzo are the first and cheapest to show up on various websites. I agree with Kermit, he is getting harder to find, about as hard as Janice or Honeydew. And Sweetums, he's easier to find than I thought, since he is technically a Mega Muppet.
Add this to your list of holy grails: Dream Date Gonzo!

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Another of the Holy Grails.

White Shirt Lips - Series 9

sternroolz

Reaction score
White suit Rowlf.

Theres a couple others I forgot.

The wedding set is probably the most difficult.