VCR Alert: Kermit on "Regis & Kelly" (12/8/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEAR

Reaction score
goshposh said:
the muppet news flash post is wrong. this isnt kermit's second time on the show. it will be at least his third. he did a song with regis on a christmas eve show a couple years ago.

He also appeared with Jim Henson a while back when it was "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee." Joy Philbin was co-hosting that day though.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I just hope he doesn't act like a raving nuttball like he's been..are you listening steve!!:boo:

BEAR

Reaction score
Wow! I'm not sure what that means, but it was awfully harsh.

Teheheman

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Definately will have to set the VCR since I'm at work when that show comes on. Not one I usually watch, but it will be worth it to see Kermit, especially at Christmas time!

BTW, I liked your comment Teheheman! Funny!
Oh good, somebody caught that comment. Thank you, I thought it was funny.

Daniel

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Wow! I'm not sure what that means, but it was awfully harsh.
Kermit is the caaaalllmm coool colllleeecctiivve kinda guy(in kermit voice) untill everything goes wrong.
Steves Kermit (and I know I'm not the only one that thinks this) is way to jumpy and hyper like he's eaten an entire store of candy and is on a rampage it's like ooook steve calm down it's one thing to be happy and fun but to be overly hyper is another.
It may be harsh but it's my standpoint on how he does him he just needs to chill out.
Look at it this way also All the other muppets seem to be just as adult as they always have been Kermit he seems so young and in your face now like he's made from cgi lol.

BEAR

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
Kermit is the caaaalllmm coool colllleeecctiivve kinda guy(in kermit voice) untill everything goes wrong.
Steves Kermit (and I know I'm not the only one that thinks this) is way to jumpy and hyper like he's eaten an entire store of candy and is on a rampage it's like ooook steve calm down it's one thing to be happy and fun but to be overly hyper is another.
It may be harsh but it's my standpoint on how he does him he just needs to chill out.
Look at it this way also All the other muppets seem to be just as adult as they always have been Kermit he seems so young and in your face now like he's made from cgi lol.

I see your point and I am not disagreeing with you completely, but I will point out that Steve has done very well with Kermit in the last three major Muppet films (A Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space). It seems it's just interviews where he acts a little "strange".

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
And Steve is calming down somewhat. I'm sure part of it is age, but it is happening slowly.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I see your point and I am not disagreeing with you completely, but I will point out that Steve has done very well with Kermit in the last three major Muppet films (A Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space). It seems it's just interviews where he acts a little "strange".
oh I agree with that yes he's been great in the movies.
Like you said it's his interviews that kermit acts oddly in I'll give him that.
Here are some things he says or does that bothers me "hmm yeah yeah mmhmm", his laugh its just so odd lol, it just seems like he trys to hard.
I hate to really say this but when playing some one elses character you need to play it as the other person would have and you really shouldn't add youself to a character because then the well known character becomes odd.:smile:
I don't know he just seems so needy or a spaz or something in the itnerviews I really don't feel like searching youtube for steve/kermit clips lol sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.