VCR Alert: Kermit on "The Early Show" (12/11/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
boy that frog IS EVERY where this month...............and i LOVE IT!!! hehe :wink: :smile: :big_grin:

BradFraggle

Reaction score
gigglesock said:
More smart remarks and Piggy abuse, no doubt.
Man, I hope so. That's Kermit, it would be out of character if he wasn't a little cheeky and Pig-deprecating. It would be like Statler and Waldorf appearing and not being old. Or Animal appearing and being calm, reserved and polite. Who wants that?

I can't wait. Kermit was awesome on Good Morning America. Regis and Kelly and The 9. Whoo-hoo!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really believe it's the writing. Kermit's character description has always included "occasionally makes cheeky remarks about Piggy." There is no disputing that.

However, the classic Muppets did this with sophistication, wit and class. It was true adult humor. The so-called 'modern' Muppets take the same idea and make it sophomoric and rude.

I honestly can't watch the 'modern' stuff. I won't pretend I'm watching The Muppets when I'm clearly not.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
And I do agree with that to a point, heralde, but I also believe it is what the general public most eagerly accepts. I've seen it a theme that when Piggy jabs are made, it's usually the interviewer that brings it up. Because it's happened so much, it's become the 'safe' bet with Kermit, unfortunately. Steve could do some to change this, but I don't think the blame can be put on Steve alone.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh definitely, you're right, I don't put the blame on the performers. Ultimately, it's the writing. Though, interviewers have always brought up the Piggy thing to Kermit. I don't think that's a new development.

I have not seen the general public accepting the 'modern' Muppets with open arms. The Muppets haven't been popular like they used to be in years.

And even if the 'modern' stuff was popular, does that make it Ok? I never liked The Muppets because they were popular. I liked them because they were entertaining and had a good message. Again, I'd rather see them doing nothing than contradicting everything they used to be.

I don't really feel like attacking anyone. The company is clearly trying its best. But sometimes, through no one's fault, lighting doesn't strike twice. The Muppets are classic, and nothing can take that away. But Jim Henson was the ultimate creative force. Nothing was going to be as good once he was gone.

I am holding out hope for the Fraggle Rock movie. Some of my friends think it's doomed to failure, but I don't want to give up yet. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.