vegetarian?

furryredmonster

Reaction score
And Kendra/furryredmonster...what happened? I thought you were a senior member, yet it says you joined 10-03-2006, and you only have 20 posts? I'm a little curious.
My account and also Princeton's got deleted somehow when the forum went down. :frown:

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
I've been a vegetarian for a few years now. I'd gone to the doctor and found out I'm allergic to meat, wheat, and peanut (I already knew I was allergic to fish). I would probably be vegan if it weren't for Cheez Doodles!

Puckrox

Reaction score
I was a vegetarian for almost two years. It was a lot easier when I was living at home, since my dad would make me vegetarian meals. Then I got to college and after a month I gave back into meat. I had no real income back then and the cafeteria had awful vegetarian selections. I do have a job now, and I am living off campus, but I haven't returned to my veggie ways. Maybe sometime soon.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I didn't eat meat until I was a teenager. I wasn't a vegetarian so much as I just like a bland diet most of the time. We're talking peanut butter sandwiches and cereal was a lot of my diet as a kid. I didn't like the taste of meat. There was also some child abuse issues both at home and at school. Let's just say refusal to eat it wasn't acceptable. I am now a very picky eater who distrusts anything that tastes even the least bit "off" because I fear tampering. I ate my first hamburger at age 18. I eat beef primarily, though I also like tuna salad and fried shrimp. That's really about the only meat I eat. Sometimes, once in a blue moon, I'll have some bacon, but I'm not that into pork products. Right now I can't eat the beef brisket I just bought 'cause I think my antibiotics are messing with my sense of taste. That sucks. I wonder sometimes if I have some anemia issues because I'll crave meat (especially beef). For me, eating meat on my own terms is a personal victory over a traumatic past. Everyone else can have their own reasons for eating something or not, but now that I eat it I'm not going to stop until I feel like it.