VeggieTales creators bankrupt, sell to Classic Media

christyb

Reaction score
Ummm, dude. I hate to point this out to you but look at the date on the first post. It's 2003. The deal is said and over with. And Big Idea is doing great despite the fact.

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
My daughter & I have always loved "Veggie Tales." I bought "An Easter Carol" this year and there's no mention of Classic Media on the box. I also couldn't find the animated shorts on the DVD, darnit.

christyb

Reaction score
Which shorts are you looking for? According to Big Idea's website Classic Media owns them. But I believe they are still working under their own label. That's all I understand about it.

christyb

Reaction score
I saw that. It looks awesome. Can't wait to see Lord of the Beans when it comes out. Did anyone here see Snoodle's Tale or that last one that just came out? I was wondering if those were any good.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
The last two were "Duke and the Great Pie War" (about a month ago) and "Sumo of the Opera" (September). "Snoodle's Tale" was right before that, in June, I think. That was my favorite of the three. I really liked it a lot. All three were good, though.
Erin

christyb

Reaction score
Seems like I'm gonna hafta make a trip to the local Bible Book store and rent a few of these. I've been so busy that I haven't had time to catch up with my Veggies. The last one I saw was "Ballad Of Little Joe" which was great. And the "Bellybutton Song" had me rolling. Can't wait to see the others!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone losing money, or going bankrupt have their stock bought up by ol' C.M.? considering that the Muppets were thiiiis close to being purchased by them as well, and Universal eagerly pawned of the distribution rights to the Bullwinkle show. They just made a Roger Ramjet DVD collection, in fact.

Ahhh, Classic media... the scavenger of copywrites.... :stick_out_tongue: