Ventriloquist on America's Got Talent - Kermit Voice

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen anything on MC about this, but has anyone been watching America's Got Talent? There is a good ventriloquist named Terry Fator that has made the Top Ten!

Now to the Muppet related appearance, last week he had his turtle puppet do an impression . . . and it was Kermit the Frog! A turtle singing like Kermit.

It was a really good Kermit impression. (way better than my weak one for the muppetcast contest...I'll finally fess up - I was Finalist #1 who got a lame 3rd place.)

I have never seen his lips even quiver during any of his appearances. He can do a lot of voices and has a great sense of humor. The only thing he could improve is if he would buy some better puppets from the people on this board!

I found the turtle video online:
http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/#mea=133032

Maybe watch the show and vote for him. If the muppetcast contest got 16,000 votes ....think what we could do for a fellow puppeteer! :smile:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh Kevin! You were not terrible! :big_grin: I liked your impression. I just never knew it was you! : O

You did lots of the impressions wonderfully!

>_> OOOOoo *checks out the guy who stole kermie's voice*

That sounds wierd...I mean...check out the movie.

<3

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That guy was AWESOME! He could very well be the next Shari Lewis in my opinion.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Thanks BeakerSqueedom, it was last minute as I found out about the contest the day before the deadline. I wasn't 100% happy with it, or even 80% ha.

I'm not saying this guy is Steve, or Jim . . . I'm just saying he is a good ventriloquist and did a good Kermit voice. Try sounding like Kermit, let alone without moving your lips!

It looks like he got into ventriloquism as a child, and later found out he could do all these voices while singing, and combined the two for a funnier effect.
I found his main website and a long video with all his voices, and him impersonating Kermit with a store bought Kermit puppet. I vote for no comments about legal muppet stuff...
The end of the video is a funny idea for a puppet show.

Web Site: http://www.terryfator.com/
Promo Video: http://www.corpentertainment.net/TerryFatorvideopage3.html

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
That was a great video, thanks for sharing! It's cool to see people on TV giving props to Jim and the Muppets, and Ray Charles too! :big_grin:

He did wondefully IMO, great Jim's Kermit voice there. Maybe Disney was watching and heard the huge cheer when he started singing as Kermit?

Java

Reaction score
This performance brought me to tears because he did such a wonderful job. I have enjoyed seeing him and I just hope that America appreciates what it takes to imatate others and sing while doing a ventriloquist act. He's incredible.

Java

Reaction score
He made it to the Top 4! :smile:He made it to the Top 4!:smile:

Sorry, I'm just so impressed America has recognized this talent which could pave the way for Disney to know America will support the Muppets still! :excited:

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Terry Fator won and I love him! and the song "Crying" is my favorite song.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Not only did he win! But he got to sing with Kermit, and chickens! That is so exciting! He was almost in tears with the emotion of that, bless him!