Very Brief Cameos: Your Picks for the New Muppet Movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
Amy Sedaris or Tina Fey (or both) - They just need to be in more things.
You wouldn't mean Amy Pohler, would you?

Sorry, but I can't stomache Tina Fey's huge ego permiating another film. She was okay in Sesame Street and all, but I really wouldn't want to see her in a Muppet movie. Maybe as a guest in a muppet TV project. Maybe.

Samuel L. Jackson - Unless he's poking fun at himself.
Hey! Samuel's my man. Dispite the fact that Snakes on a Plane was crap. But he was Frozone, man!

But thirded. no more reality Tv show stars. Sports figures.... neh. Not that either. Larry Bird, or someone old school would be funny. But I really think sports figures work better on Sesame Street than Muppet movies.

Though, if they had to go and shove a wrestler in there... Captain Lou Albano. Seriously. That would be pretty funny.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Choose:
Steve Carell - Definitely one of the funniest people around nowadays--I think he'd be AWESOME with the Muppets, even briefly.
Robin Williams - Would make my dream come true.
Jon Stewart - He's done work with the Muppets before, let's get him back in the action!
Jerry Seinfeld - Hilarious, couldn't you just see Fozzie idolizing one of his routines?
Johnny Depp - I have no idea what he could do, but I'm sure he and Gonzo could find something to talk about.
Whoopi Goldberg - Who DOESN'T like her?
Amy Sedaris or Tina Fey (or both) - They just need to be in more things.
Patrick Stewart - He's just incredibly awesome.
Robert Downey Jr. - He's also just incredibly awesome.
Cameron Diaz - Very pretty, very funny, very good choice to work with the Muppets.
Queen Latifah - She's just plan awesome and does very well with the Muppets. I'd love to see a duet with her and Piggy, but we're talking cameos.
Emeril Lagase - Where did the Swedish Chef get off to when the Muppets split...? Can you say assistant to the Bam man himself? :hungry:
Phyllis Diller - I don't care how old she us, I love her! And I especially love her with the Muppets!
Joan Cusack - Who DOESN'T wanna see her role as Mrs. Bitterman revived?
Charles Grodin - Duh.
Elmo (or any other Sesame Street character) - Please?
Frank Oz - Can you say, "Miss Piggy's limo driver"? Would quite possibly be the coolest thing to happen to anything ever.

Skip:
Halle Berry - No specific reason, I just can't see her working with the Muppets.
Any Sports or Reality Television "stars" - Had to steal it from Super Scoot because it's just SO true.
Mike Myers - Too much of him lately.
Zac Efron - Please... just... no.
Shia LaBuff - This could easily be changed if it's a thoughtful cameo, I just couldn't think of one right now.
Lindsay Lohan - I HIGHLY doubt it would happen, just thought I'd bring it up.
Renee Zelwegger - She just really bothers me.
Nicholas Cage - A fine actor, I just don't see him mixing with the Muppets well.
Samuel L. Jackson - Unless he's poking fun at himself. :wink:
Ray Liotta - Talk about tacky.
Hulk Hogan (or any other wrestler for that matter) - I say, if they've been reduced to reality T.V., they're not worthy of this movie.
Ashanti - Let's just never see her again, okay?
Any of the Osbourne family - Same as above.

Phew... sorry that was so long guys.
I agree with all of your list (to a degree), except those highlighted. I don't really like Cameron Diaz, she's a little overrated, personally. I like Emeril, but unless the cameo was done right, it would just seem tacky to me. Maybe if he and the chef were on a television somewhere, sort of like Joe Rogan's cameo on It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.

Shia LaBouf (however you spell it), while not my favorite, actually isn't too bad. I could see him become a fairly good actor. He's been pretty good in the movies he's been in lately. And Samuel L. Jackson, well, he's in everything! :stick_out_tongue: Maybe he could joke around about that or something. I like Sam Jackson, when he's good. Some of his movies aren't the greatest, but when he gets a good one, he is good. ... does that make sense?

Out of your list, here are my top favorites:

Choose:

Steve Carrel
Robin Williams
Jon Stewart
Patrick Stewart
(how cool would that be?)
Robert Downey Jr.
Charles Grodin
Frank Oz
Queen Latifah
(Don't know why, but I like her... sometimes. When she's good, she's very good. When she's bad... not so much)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I definitely agree with those who've said Steve Carell so far. I love him! I could also deal with Jack Black, Ellen DeGeneres, Whoopi Goldberg, Steve Martin, Hugh Laurie, or Natalie Portman making apperances.

I agree, no reality TV types, I would prefer none of the High School Musical stars, as much as I like her, I would prefer no Rachael Ray.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I LOVE the idea of Robert Downey Jr. showing up in a Muppet movie.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned Dakota Fanning. I had a dream where she and Pepe got into a slap fight. She's allowed to be in the movie if that happens.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned Dakota Fanning. I had a dream where she and Pepe got into a slap fight. She's allowed to be in the movie if that happens.
HAHAHAHAHA! ! ! ! Oh my GOSH! That's brilliance incarnated! LOVE it!

And I think I'll take back my Samuel L. Jackson comment... he can be in it, you guys have convinced me of it.

And Beth, I REALLY would love to see Ellen too, she'd be AWESOME.

And Super Scoot, that's almost exactly what I was thinking for an Emeril cameo.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
She's so scary, though! :scary: ... :stick_out_tongue:

I don't think this should be in a movie, but I would love to see Sam Eagle go on The Colbert Report because I think he and Stephen Colbert would get along very well. :attitude:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I don't think this should be in a movie, but I would love to see Sam Eagle go on The Colbert Report because I think he and Stephen Colbert would get along very well. :attitude:
HAHAHAHA! Oh that is SO true! ! ! Maybe it could be in the movie though--perhaps he could work on either The Daily Show or The Colbert Report as a political analyst and not realize it was a complete joke and get really fed up with it. Hahahaha!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA! Oh that is SO true! ! ! Maybe it could be in the movie though--perhaps he could work on either The Daily Show or The Colbert Report as a political analyst and not realize it was a complete joke and get really fed up with it. Hahahaha!
I can see that. Maybe Sam just got so fed up with the Muppets, he went to work for The Colbert Report, and gets just as frustrated with them. Or maybe thinking that Colbert's just playing it straight through the whole thing.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
1) No reality TV stars
2) No High School Musical stars
3) No Mike Myers, Jim Carrey or Will Farrell (I'm just really getting tired of them)

4) Jon Stewart and Whoopi Goldberg would be awesome
5) Former guests on the Muppet Show or who did cameos in past movies would be great (like Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters)