Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie on the Hallmark Channel

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
But why bother even watching them? Hallmark has always been known to take every Henson program they show and hack it to ribbons...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jeff,

Because we love the Muppets, If we didnt watch everything that had cuts then we would watch hardly anything.

Well you guys in the states wouldnt, Remember you could say that The Muppet Show was cut !

See ya

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I hope hallmark plays Emmet Otter. I've never seen it. Is it any good?

Jake

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Didymus
I hope hallmark plays Emmet Otter. I've never seen it. Is it any good?
It's *very* good. It's one of my favorite specials (perhaps more than MFC). The songs are just wonderful...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jake,

You can hear the music from "Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas" on Muppet Central Radio.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/

Paul Williams ("The Muppet Movie", "Muppet Christmas Carol") wrote all the songs for this special.

Sparkle!

Reaction score
It's "MFC"

I looked up Dec. 15th on www.tvguide.com, and it lists the 1:00 showing on the Hallmark channel as "The Muppet Family Christmas". Clicking on the title brought up a box which listed "Sunday, Dec. 22 at 6:00pm" as an "additional showing" of the same title. No word yet on whether the 1:00 showing on the 22nd will also be MFC.

Hope this helps - set your VCRs and cross your fingers that it's uncut! I know I'll be taping it! :smile:

<hugs!>
-Sparkle!

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Odyssey cut it when they showed it in 1999 and 2000, so I wouldn't be too sure (but they didn't cut the songs, I know that...)

Sparkle!

Reaction score
The other special is Emmet Otter

Again per tvguide.com, Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas will be shown on Hallmark on December 22nd at 1:00 pm.

<hugs!>
-Sparkle!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Wish they would just show their so-called "Jim Henson Presents" all year round and not just during Christmas.

Huh, I miss Odyssey.