Very Merry Muppet Questions

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

In response to re-voicing Nigel, a Jim-character that "no one remembers," if you'll recall, Jim only voiced Nigel on the Muppet Show in one segment: "Sax and Violence," with Zoot. He was voiced by John Lovelady in a separate Season 1 show (Kay Ballard). When he showed up in season three with his whistle solo with Floyd (on upright (!) bass), he did not speak. So, no one would remember what he sounded like, regardless. I, too, wanted to see Nigel in the pit.
I heard that "Sax and Violence" thing at the "Animal's Jukebox" site. I thought it was Jim doing the voice because he sounded just like Kermit. In fact if I haven't read in the epguide that it was Nigel, I'd would have thought it WAS Kermit.

While I'm on the subject of performers in early episodes, it was interesting to receive the video with the Vincent Price episode. I don't know if any of John Lovelady's characters were on it. But I finally saw Wanda and Hilda who were performed by Erin Okler. I wonder if her Janice sounded like Wanda or closer to Richard's than that. I might have to wait until I get the Rita Moreno episode to find out.

Gonzo

Reaction score
It's hard to describe Eren Ozker's Janice, but she was NOTHING like Richard Hunt's Janice. Not as much of a "groovy" vibe...more nasal...it just wasn't Janice. Yet.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That's okay. Like I said, I'll probably find out when I get the Rita Moreno episode on video, so I can wait a few months. Unless, I can download some files of Erin's Janice. Oh, well.