Very Merry Questions

jediX

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the revoicing, but Statler and Waldorf sound better every time they show up.

rexcrk

Reaction score
jediX said:
I'm not a fan of the revoicing, but Statler and Waldorf sound better every time they show up.
Personally I thought they sounded best (other than when Richard and Jim were performing of course :wink: ) in Muppet Christmas Carol.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I stand by my believe that Steve does a great "classic" Statler, as opposed to Jerry's "modern" Statler. I know Jerry originaly did Statler like one, but that doesn't count in my book.

Oh, and I agree that Janice needs a lot of work. Brian's Scooter may not sound just like Richard's Scooter, but he has the character down. Especially Scooter coming out on stage and quickly whispering to Piggy. I like that Scooter has become more of a producer, instead of just a go-for. It certianly suits him. Janice was not captured in the same way at all. Seemed forced, where as Scooter seemed to come naturally to Brian.

Again, Muppet Cruise Party is the best way to hear all of these new voices. Definatly something worth looking into.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree that Scooter's performance was terrific; just think it should be a little deeper. The awkward thing about VMX is when Fozzie and Kermit are running around yelling a lot, it just sounds weird.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yeah, when Kermit gets hyper, Steve goes into Rizzo a little. Most performers use the same laugh, breathing sound, and yell for all their characters. So, those instances will always sound weird when done by someone else.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... I was about to say "I thought Bill Baretta played Sam, since it sounded a bit like his Lew Zeland"

Actually Bill did play Sam, but Bill lost fifteen to one in tennis...

But the question remains... who performed thw Snowman before Mel Brook's voice was dubbed over?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have no idea, but I want to post anyway. Does anyone mind?

Drtooth

Reaction score
If anything, this clearly mean they didn't dub over footage until after it was pieced together.....

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
If anything, this clearly mean they didn't dub over footage until after it was pieced together.....
It's the most logical thing to do, since it would be to expensive to dub scenes that they would cut later in the editing, and not to mention a compelte waste of time.