Video: Benedict Cumberbatch vs. Murray-arti

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a new SST video segment on the interwebs up today.
Essentially it involves Murray embracing his playful villanous side in the form of Murray-arti to Benedict Cumberbunch (mistaken for Benedict Sherlock). The actor is asked to act like a super sleuth to figure out if there are more apples than oranges on a table beside him. So what does the bigshot human guy do? Calls in for help from :batty: of course.

It's basic SST math... But the presentation sells the sketch.
You can find it at toughpigs , so you can go check it there or search youtube, sorry, but I don't have a URL to embed here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That was glorious.

Especially Murray's "Did you miss me?" reference (you have to have seen the latest episode of Sherlock to get that one. It was a VERY intense episode BTW). Man, I hope to see Benedict on the show proper next season. Mayhaps with :search:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I don't watch Benedict's Sherlock series I wouldn't get the reference. Sure, I could get into it now, but jumping in at mid-season? Especially when I'll leave in March as soon as Once Upon in Wonderland returns? Nope, Wonderland wins that battle.

But I would hope :search: and maybe Watson joined up with Mr. Cumberbunch in a proper parody or just a Word of the Day segment next season. I'd also love it if they did a Mystery Theater crossover sketch, but bringing back Vincent Twice would be waaay too much to hope for. :search: should come first, babysteps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I can say is that you really don't know what you're missing.

But to those who watch the Sherlock series, I HIGHLY recommend you do NOT watch this unless you've seen the latest episode "His Last Vow." It's EXTREMELY spoileriffic.

But for those who have and those who just don't watch and want to know what the gag is... again BIG HONKING SPOILER ALERT:

At the end of the episode, a huge saving throw for Sherlock pops up in the form of pirate video feeds of the supposed dead Moriarty repeatedly saying "Did you miss me?" over and over. Thus, making Murry-arty's opening lines hilarious if you saw it.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I thought it was a cute video! :smile:
And I loved the Sherlock references.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
That was glorious.

Especially Murray's "Did you miss me?" reference (you have to have seen the latest episode of Sherlock to get that one. It was a VERY intense episode BTW). Man, I hope to see Benedict on the show proper next season. Mayhaps with :search:
I've only seen one episode from the first series so far. Of course, I grew up reading the Sherlock Holmes stories as a kid and so I know what the reference is from the books.:wink:
The show does a great job of modernizing the classic stories while still keeping most of the basic plot points. I like it.:smile:
And I loved this Sesame Street sketch! I'd love to see Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman show up on Sesame Street and do a bit with Sherlock Hemlock and Watson.:search:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
How do I put this? I've been watching this video a lot since it came out, and I will say that since Murray's my least favorite SS character, it was cool to see him get outsmarted by Benedict with the help of one of my all-time favorite SS characters! :batty: (As a side note, I love how SW is having Matt perform The Count as much as possible outside of the show. This is a great way for us fans to become more acquainted with and get used to the new voice as much as possible.)

To anyone out there who does love Murray: I'm sorry if the line about him being my least favorite character offended you; it's just that considering how heavily he's been used in the show these last few years, he became a lot less likeable for me.