1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Kermit on The Tonight Show January 7, 2019

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by kathy26, Jan 8, 2019.

1. kathy26

kathy26 Well-Known Member

Surprised nobody saw this.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I love how smooth Matt sounds singing.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  3. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

It's always nice to see Kermit or any Muppet make an appearance, but why is it ALWAYS Rainbow Connection?

Perhaps with a new performer still being introduced to the public Disney is making sure to push the nostalgia button extra hard until everyone just accepts the change.

Pig's Laundry and Blue Frackle like this.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Rainbow Connection is the most popular Muppet song. Bein' Green would be a close second.

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly!

Like, nowadays it’s just starting to become very predictable.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

The song really should be different instead of the Rainbow Connection.

7. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Maybe that's the only song Jimmy Fallon can play? :D

8. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

I know, but someone on Tough Pigs charted all the times it was performed and Jim Henson only performed it like 7 times, Steve didn't perform it at all in the first decade he was Kermit, and Matt has done it at least once every 7 weeks on average, maybe more by now. Its getting a little repetitive and making Kermit kinda one note. I only assume its because they want people to associate the new voice with what they know of as Kermit. I'd rather think Disney was smart and cunning instead of uncreative and repetitive.

Froggy Fool and Pig's Laundry like this.
  9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Remember that time just a few weeks ago when Kermit was on James Corden and we were excited that they sung Man or Muppet for a change? Well, apparently Kermit reappeared on that show later that same month and sung Rainbow Connection, lol. And that was only a few weeks ago!

Froggy Fool and Blue Frackle like this.
  10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Wasn’t it him that said he didn’t want to overuse Rainbow Connection because, the song could turn super sappy after a while.

11. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

Remember when the Muppets were on Carpool Karaoke and at the end they started to play Rainbow Connection until the group complained that they always sing that song, and then Kermit publicly sang it about 3 times immediately after that episode was released?

Froggy Fool and Pig's Laundry like this.
  12. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Remember that one time in 2016 in the newest Muppet show when Kermit started to play Rainbow Connection, and his neighbor Phil promptly shouted, "LEARN A NEW SONG!"?

13. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I don't mind it; there aren't many songs as good as Rainbow Connection in the mainstream consciousness, imo.