Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
No video of the Easter Egg Roll performance has been uploaded yet, but TMZ (uck) leaked an impromptu video meeting with Elmo, performed in this instance by Ryan Dillon. Here's the article, which you should really check out just for the included video, unless you like getting riled up about modern media :grr:

I wasn’t sure whether it was appropriate to post about this at all, but at the risk of it getting locked or deleted, I figured it was best to at least post it on a thread separate from this.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'll just get past the insulting article title and video description.

You can't really hear too clearly, but Ryan really has the movements and vocal inflections down pat. Here's hoping he makes Elmo just as funny as Kevin did.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So far, he's very good. He could obviously use a little work but if he's the new Elmo, I'm for it 100%.

bluebomber95

Reaction score
Ryan is great as the new voice, though obviously we have yet to see if he adequately portrays the character. But, the interaction with the little girl was spot-on Elmo, so I can't wait to (hopefully) see more. Plus, he's a super nice guy, from the brief time that I met him, so I feel good with him as Elmo. Still, the whole situation is still sort of awkward, and probably will continue to be for quite a while--especially with people like TMZ. Oh well, sometimes life just throws a few curveballs at you!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Not too bad! Not great, but not terrible. With some work I'm sure he'll do fine as Elmo. I can't even begin to imagine the pressure of taking on such a major character as Elmo though O__O

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I thought he did well interacting with the children- I thought that part was cute. I'm sure in time he will be very good as Elmo- I can't imagine how "rough" some people thought Steve Whitmire's first go at Kermit was (I wouldn't know- I was only 3 at the time :wink: ).

Davina

Reaction score
well, as the voice, he did very well. If i didn't know better, I don't think I would have been able to "spot the difference" right off the bat. the article is stupid and insulting and, sheesh, they couldn't even be bothered to go find out the guy's name? but Ryan did a very good job, and even if he's just a temp, he's very much appreciated for it, and for one, i hope he gets the gig.

Davina

Reaction score
I do remember Steve's first go.. and how disappointed I felt at first. but he's grown into it remarkably well. And really, no one at all would have been "perfect" to fill Jim's gloves back then.. lol I was so mad at him for getting sick.. but one of my mom's friends nearly lost her husband to the same illness not a month later, so I had to forgive him.. just a little bit..