1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Video: The Muppet Workshop 1977 from Historic Films

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Phillip, May 24, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Watch this and go back in time to the Muppet Workshop in 1977...

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Very good.

Some thoughts:
    • Interesting how they were rehearsing the sketch with Simon Soundman coming to Ernie's apartment. I wonder if they remade it or if they were just practicing an existing sketch for the sake of an example. Also interesting that the Simon puppet in this footage has legs attached (I just saw episode 1899 on iTunes, which has a scene with him sitting on a stairway but with a box in front of his legs).
    • That "maybe you've seen me on public television" line was funny. Forgetting who performed the lizard, I couldn't tell if it was Richard or Dave (I now remember it was Richard). If it was Dave Goelz it'd be funnier because Dave didn't perform on Sesame Street.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  3. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Very neat find there, I have to say.

...But ol' Mr. Fumblenoggin (to quote a Toughpigs article) just had the nerve to get Cookie Monster and Oscar's names wrong! :rolleyes::mad:
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah it was Richard, and WOW, his Kermit impression was amazing! I did a double take when I realized it wasn't Jim who was talking! :) ;)

Plus Richard doing his best Peter Lorre, always fun, lol.

And love the background music, very retro, hehe.
  5. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Wow! That was amazing. Thank you for sharing.