1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: The Muppets at San Diego Comic Con 2015

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by muppetlover123, Jul 9, 2015.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this yet. Anyway The Muppets are going to be at Comic Con this weekend. They are showcasing the new series with their own panel on July 11th, and on the panel will be:
    Executive Producers and co-writers Bill Prady and Bob Kushell
    Director Randall Einhorn
    Bill Barretta
    And other unnamed performers in the audience.

On the same day there will also be The Muppets- Autograph Signing.

If you head on over to the ABC sound stage, you will actually be able to see a piece from the set of "the muppets." Its the set piece of Miss Piggy's new talk show "Up Late With Miss Piggy". The sound stage will also have a sneak peek of the show from the control room. Heres a picture of the set for those of us who can't be there.
    [​IMG]

2. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Is this going to be a regular thing now? Mixing Muppets and cons?

[​IMG]

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yes! More dogs and frogs and bears and chickens and things at cons! That's what this San Diego Comic Con needs, more Muppets not watching the con but being part of the con instead! Yaaay! *Explodes. :crazy:

MelissaY1 likes this.
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I don't see what the issue is.

charlietheowl likes this.
  6. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

7. PuppetMad

PuppetMad Member

That is an awesome poster to have signed, love the Pepe one to. You are a very lucky dude.:grr:

8. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Here's a link a video of the entire panel

9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

The only thing they got wrong in the Filmforce SDCC article is attributing Dave Goelz as :shifty:'s Muppeteer, we all know that's Steve Whitmire. Other than that, really excited for the new show and general excitement the con appearance may have generated.

10. Muppetgirl09

Muppetgirl09 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that this show will be funny with Rizzo and Pepe.

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

And I'm sure the others can be funny too...

ploobis and sesamemuppetfan like this.
  12. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

I am green with envy of those who were there at the panel yesterday and saw the characters (especially Rowlf!!!) and performers do their magic in person. Nice move, Disney! Awesome that the panel got a standing ovation. Even though I couldn't afford to go there, the panel got me even more hyped about the show this fall.

Can't. Wait.:fanatic:

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

As awesome as the panel was, I hope someone recorded the pilot. I'm kinda peeved that they're not gonna broadcast it.

14. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

SO. JEALOUS.

If the Muppets do anything at Comic Con next year, you and I both have some serious saving up to do! But at least you live closer to San Diego than I do! ;) But I'm pretty darn hyped for the show myself! :)

I would have gone if it wasn't for an 8 hour drive and being broke, otherwise I can assure you that I would have recorded the pilot. (It's not easy being a broke Muppet fan in Sacramento...)

15. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Thank you soooo much for sharing this. It was awesome

16. Muppetgirl09

Muppetgirl09 Well-Known Member

Yea, they're a whole lot better when they're together. That's just me.

17. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Man do I would love to a signed poster like that!

18. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

That panel was AMAZING!!!

It was so great to see all the Muppeteers playing off each other with no boundaries- they all looked so relaxed and excited to be there!

My favourite moments:

- Steve picking on Eric through Rizzo when he couldn't think of a joke for Fozzie.

-"So how is Kermit as a boss?"

Rizzo: "Well, he's in a box at the moment."

-Pepe and Gonzo embracing when the audience was 'awwing' over Bill Prady's line about Kermit caring.

-Gonzo: "I have a skeleton in my body!!"

-Steve picking on Bob throughout the presentation.

-The Muppets ganging up on Piggy about her skills as a talk show host.

-The Tabasco running gag between Steve and Dave.

-Seeing Steve's interaction with the little girl. It was so natural and oh so adorable!!! 'Can I have a hug?'

I don't think it could have gone better! It was wonderful to hear the audience responding so vibrantly and then to give them a standing ovation at the end! This is the kind of event I been really wanting to see for a while now. It was just.....perfect!!!

19. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Agreed, I'm so glad someone put it on YouTube and filmed the whole thing for those of us who couldn't be there. I thought everyone was terrific, I laughed a lot while watching and even got teary eyed for a couple of comments. I'm really looking forward to this show in September!

20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Someone said earlier or somewhere else that the Muppets should not be at these kind of cons, but if you ask me the response from the crowd was amazing throughout. Then the Muppets should do more and more cons and get more great responses.