Videos: "Kermit's Party" sponsored by Bounty Paper Towels

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Watch this new series of web videos sponsored by Bounty to tie-in with the The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD.

Kermit's Party - Episode 1: Chef's Catering Catastrophe

Kermit's Party - Episode 2: Gonzo Stunt Spectacular!

Kermit's Party - Episode 3: Bunsen & Beaker: Science Can Be Messy

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't care that these are basically paper towel commercials, they're freakin' wonderful! :electric:

Only thing that's missing is Lew Zealand...
I agree. These are pretty excellent for a paper towel commercial. You never know, Lew Zealand may show up later.

I love how the intro shot into the party house has all these obscure characters - Big Mean Carl, Behemoth, Luncheon Counter Monster, etc. And how the house is decorated with Kermit and Piggy photos. Obviously Piggy was in charge of the decor.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am obviously wondering where this house is, and how I can get an invite to the party! (Is it old-men, penguins and monster exclusive?)

Loving Zany the Penguin there in the first one along with Statler and Waldorf :zany:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's interesting that all three have the same opening footage, with different dialogue from Kermit.

I noticed none of Frank Oz/Eric Jacobson's characters are present in these. I'm guessing he wasn't available. It would have been great to have seen The Electric Mayhem playing party music.

This reminds me of those short Febreeze-sponsored one-minute shows on Nick at Nite (or was it TV Land?) involving a household of dogs. I wish I could remember the title of that show.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't like this.
It's kinda boring they all start the same way too.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Great little spots! :smile: I can't even decide which one is my favorite, lol.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This is awesome!!! Isn't that a picture of Jim Henson in the background as well? Like a few seconds into the commercial?

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
This is awesome!!! Isn't that a picture of Jim Henson in the background as well? Like a few seconds into the commercial?
Hey good eye! There is a pic of Jim and some Muppets (including Bert & Ernie) in the background. I only saw it in episodes 2 & 3 though. In the Gonzo episode there's also a photo of the wedding in MTM. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Hey good eye! There is a pic of Jim and some Muppets (including Bert & Ernie) in the background. I only saw it in episodes 2 & 3 though. In the Gonzo episode there's also a photo of the wedding in MTM. :smile:
I think I was paying more attention to the pictures in the background more then the commercial itself. Lol!