Vincent Price vs Alice Cooper

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
That's rather right, I only would precise that it was the frightening side of science-fiction, aliens and paranatural theme (Pigs in Space become empty shapes, and in the Muppet Lab, Beaker is attacked by an enlarged germ).
Ha ha! Beaker attacked by the germ is classic!!:eek:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Nickelodeon flat-out chose not to air the Alice Cooper episode (or the Raquel Welch episode), but I never saw the Vincent Price episode on Nickelodeon, even though I know that it was broadcast on Nick.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ha! Another fan of POTP, eh? Great!!:smile:

If you see Swan, ask him where Phoenix is...we were supposed to cut a duet together.

Oh, and sorry about Beef, but it had to be done!
Always and forever! I have it on dvd I wish they would release it on a special version though with extras and stuff!
And yeah I'm a huge paul williams fan which stems from the muppets but it then branched out to everything else he's done hehe.
I haven't seen that old codger swan in years He's off in his chamber with his women lol.
Poor Beef! R.I.P. haha
I actully own the sountrac on cd also was really hard to find.
p.s. why is it so hard to find paul williams music on cd? does he even have any?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Always and forever! I have it on dvd I wish they would release it on a special version though with extras and stuff!
And yeah I'm a huge paul williams fan which stems from the muppets but it then branched out to everything else he's done hehe.
I haven't seen that old codger swan in years He's off in his chamber with his women lol.
Poor Beef! R.I.P. haha
I actully own the sountrac on cd also was really hard to find.
p.s. why is it so hard to find paul williams music on cd? does he even have any?
I got my copy of the "Phantom" soundtrack over at amazon. They also have a large collection of Paul Williams CDs. Generally if amazon has something available, you can special order it at record stores (if they don't have them in stock already).

And I really do wish Fox would get on the ball and release a SE of Phantom. I'm sure they know by now the movie is a cult hit, although I'm not sure how many discs sold. That could be a deciding factor. I do know there's a 2-disc SE available in France, that supposedly has a lot of cool extras. There's also what is supposed to be the definitive book on De Palma, full of rare photos. The authors interviewed him extensively on his career from his early short films up to, I think, Mission to Mars. But alas, this too is only available in France. I always thought Phantom should get a deluxe edition, like Fox's Young Frankenstein, which is jam-packed with extras like a commentary, deleted scenes, trailers, TV spots, a making-of docu, production stills, etc. There are also several websites devoted exclusively to Phantom.

But I would check out amazon, to find some Paul Williams music.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Nickelodeon flat-out chose not to air the Alice Cooper episode (or the Raquel Welch episode), but I never saw the Vincent Price episode on Nickelodeon, even though I know that it was broadcast on Nick.
I was thinking that myself. Maybe Nick decided the Alice Cooper episode wouldn't be appropriate for the Nick Jr. crowd.

Vincent Price aired in April or May of '94, when Nick was showing a "block" of season 1 episodes. I think it followed the Ben Vereen one.

I remember another edited episode:

The Mark Hamill version shown on Nick didn't have the "gargling Gershwin" bit, where Mark is making fun of the guy behind his back.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember that before I saw the Vincent Price epsiode one of my friends told me about an episode that he saw where Kermit almost got eaten by a monster and then almost got eaten by the guest. He couldn't remember the name of the guest, and when I asked him which monster it was, he didn't know (he wasn't a big enough fan to know the names of such minor characters). I figured that the monster was probably Sweetums (of course, at the time I didn't know what Gorgon Heap's name was). I also figured that the guest was Alice Cooper.