Vinnie- My first Project Puppet Creation

Nick

Reaction score
Ok since I got my laptop stable.... I was finally able to upload some pics. Here is Vinnie! he was the first puppet I made from projectpuppet.com (I so love that website and their patterns!) Ok shameless plug for PP!

Anyway, here he is...
http://www.flickr.com/gp/7420637@N07/3m78U2

Nick

Reaction score
OUCH! he must be really bad, if not one person has left a comment out of 77!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Aw... He is a cute puppet, Nick! :smile:

He kind of reminds me of Lamb Chop!:big_grin:

spcglider

Reaction score
Good stuff, Nick.

Something I've noticed, though, is that the invisible seam that is the staple of this kind of construction doesn't look as good on lighter colored fabrics.

I just got done making a skull puppet out of plain white fleece. I find the visibility of the seams (even though I worked diligently to keep them clean and even) to be a little distressing.

This isn't a comment about your stitching... you did an excellent job! Its just that the pictures reminded me of my own difficulties with light colored fleece.

-Gordon

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Nick, that is good stuff, I agree.

Gordon,
Even the muppets had seam issues on lighter colors--look at some of the anything muppets you can see seams on them. One thing I've found is to try and incorporate the seam into the design--sew it in a place where you'd expect there to be a line. The other option would be to try and hide it by placing features along the line to disguise it. It's like disguising unflattering body features, you can't make it go away entirely, but if you do it right you can draw the viewer's attention elsewhere.

Nick

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! Great Stuff, and I will definately apply that on my next GSP!
Man I so love the people here! Happy Friday!!

mrhogg

Reaction score
Hey Nick,

That's a great first effort. I like the eyes; what did you use for the pupils?

Nick

Reaction score
I use the half ping pong ball... and then an 18mm animal eye from the craft store. I was pretty pleased with it!