Vintage Henson VCDs Trade

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm new to the forum and would like to set up some trades of VCDs of Unpaved and the like with other collectors. I have a couple of out-of-print videos available and a couple of episodes of Muppet Show not released on video as of yet, all on VCD. Here are some of my more interesting picks:

1. Best of Kermit on Sesame Street / Sesame Songs Rock & Roll
2. Best of Ernie and Bert / Cookie Monster's Best Bites
3. Fraggle Songs volume one
4. Muppet Show a. Paul Williams b. Florence Henderson c. Valerie Harper
5. Sesame Unpaved 514 (Stevie Wonder) (not sure if this will copy properly)

let me know if any of these tickle ya, and if we can trade.
******I won't trade commerically available items, only TV recorded / out-of-print items********(also NO MONEY changing hands, only discs or tapes..these are for collector's purposes not profit)

Splurge

Reaction score
This is very likely an obvious question about format to everyone else, but not to me. Please :embarrassed: with me. (heh heh)

Are VCD's cassettes that are the same thing as mini-DV tapes? Or are they another format altogether?

Sorry for the switch off-topic, folks!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Splurge said:
Are VCD's cassettes that are the same thing as mini-DV tapes? Or are they another format altogether?
VCD's are videos that are copied to a cd and it can be played on a DVD player

Oliver

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Hey!

I'm new to the forum and would like to set up some trades of VCDs of Unpaved and the like with other collectors. I have a couple of out-of-print videos available and a couple of episodes of Muppet Show not released on video as of yet, all on VCD. Here are some of my more interesting picks:

1. Best of Kermit on Sesame Street / Sesame Songs Rock & Roll
3. Fraggle Songs volume one
4. Muppet Show a. Paul Williams b. Florence Henderson c. Valerie Harper
5. Sesame Unpaved 514 (Stevie Wonder) (not sure if this will copy properly)

let me know if any of these tickle ya, and if we can trade.
******I won't trade commerically available items, only TV recorded / out-of-print items********(also NO MONEY changing hands, only discs or tapes..these are for collector's purposes not profit)

Can you please post content featured on these vcds - is it exclusively muppet skits or do they feature tv segments like Teeny Litlle Super Guy, the typewriter cartoon, etc? Also, please give examples of what sort of skits are featured and what the video/audio quality is like.

Thanks a lot!

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I have a few more VCDs to trade now.

NON TIME LIFE MUPPET SHOW VCDs:

1. Paul Williams / Florence Henderson / Valerie Harper
2. Avery Schreiber / Kaye Ballard / Mummenshanz
3. James Coco / Phyllis Diller / Connie Stevens
4. Candice Bergen / Marisa Berenson / Buddy Rich (first 2 mins missing)
5. Don Knotts / Zero Mostel / Rich Little

All are great quality (8 or so out of 10) commercials edited out (cleanly...I have proper editing software) and repeated openings are usually left out (don't need 20 copies of Gonzo blowing water out of the trumpet!)

Also, here are more details on the previously listed videos:

1. Best of Kermit on Sesame Street / Sesame Songs Rock and Roll
Kermit special contains vintage songs "I Love My Elbows" , "Caribbean Amphibean" , "Bein' Green (original)" , "This Frog", "Tadpole", also clips of "News Flash" Skits, Grover as salesman skits (including one full-length), Kermit saying alphabet with little girl who puts "Cookie Monster" in the alphabet (full length)
Rock and Roll includes "Monster In The Mirror", "Telephone Rock", "The Word Is "NO"", "Rock and Roll Readers", "You're Alive", "Count Up To Nine For Me", "Forty Blocks From My Home", "(I Can't Get No) Co-operation", "Hand Talk", "Hip To Be A Square"
Both are an easy 8 out of 10

I am removing this one from trade list until I can replace it. There is unfortunately a HUGE scratch right where Ernie and Bert go to Egypt, and I don't think the disc will copy properly for anyone. *sigh*

3. Fraggle Songs Volume One
This is nearly every song they sang in the first season on the show, hosted by Travelling Matt Fraggle, showing that the Fraggle life revolves completely around music. "Why", "Catch a Tail By The Tiger", "The Beetle Song" are highlights.
Easy 8 out of 10.

I basically want more and more episodes of Unpaved (starting after 1969/70 season if possible) on VHS (SP) or VCD if you've already rendered them. Let me know if anyone is interested.

cp32

Reaction score
Henson vcds

Im interested in your vcds. Id like to trade. Email me for list. :smile:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know I have a few more on my list than I have listed here. Anyone who's emailed me is getting the complete list, but I'm not listing it here, as it contains lots of non-Henson related stuff. Once again, I'm sorry about having to remove Best of Ernie and Bert due to disc damage. Also, I never pointed out that all 11 of my Unpaved's have a scroll stating "You are watching a free preview of Noggin" across the top every 5 minutes or so. This isn't as bad as it sounds, as I don't even notice it anymore, and it's nice just to have the episodes, but if this will bother you don't ask for these in a trade. I have a couple of others that don't have this...ep. 514 (Stevie Wonder) and an unedited production copy (with timecode) of the Star Wars "Droids" skits. These are not in an episode...they are loose with the slate at the beginning stating what episode they are supposed to be included in. Don't ask me who would've had access to such a tape, but I have a copy anywayz!

Also, I've finally watched the "Doozer Music" tape I picked up a couple of weeks ago, and the first 2 songs are also on "Fraggle songs" but the others are not. This video is only 16 minutes long, so if anyone wants it on VCD I can render it in no time.

I also might trade CD copies of some of my old Sesame/Muppet vinyl once I get the chance to record them into my computer, and if enough people show interest. I used to have TONS of LP's but for now I only have the following:

Sesame Street Book and Record (first album 1970)
Christmas Eve On Sesame Street
Sesame Disco (sequel to Sesame Street Fever, and superior musically, IMHO)
The Muppet Show LP (first season compilation)
The Muppet Movie Soundtrack
Fraggle Rock 7" EP containing 4 songs (can't remember which right now, sorry)
Sesame Street's 25 Greatest Hits (K-Tel 8track, 1976, perfect copy)

If enough people respond as wanting these, I'll start importing and cleaning these in the computer.

let me know, and thanx to everyone who's emailed me so far.
eric

wilddean

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock CD

I'm interested in the Fraggle Rock cd for sale or trade. Send me an email, with a wantlist and lets see if we can work something out.