1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Vintage Sesame Street Count Puppet from Canada

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by AnimalAttack, Jul 24, 2011.

1. VonCount

VonCount Member

Glad I could help out! I have to say that the puppet I have, when I was photographing it, I noticed that the tongue is on sideways! So it does have a felt tongue, probably original but a factory mistake. It's always fun to see those, I also have a Sesame Street book from the book club that is bound upside down. Now if we all could only find a monocle... :)

GroverBoy likes this.
  2. VonCount

VonCount Member

By the way, I was interested to know how people are displaying their count (and or other puppets). I have been looking for some kind of glass dome or bell jar or even upside down vase to keep him from getting dusty/grimy but have not had much luck since his nose plus his ears make a wide diameter and that makes any large glass vessel very expensive. I thought I'd check here to see what others have done.

3. Pino

Pino Member

Yay.. i finally received my count von count puppet.. however it was repaired and not well.. I still miss the original hands as they used Roosenfelt franklin puppets'hands. My question is wheather there is some one who has the original hands or even a full puppet i can take over?

GroverBoy likes this.
  4. D Cook

D Cook New Member

I have the extremely rare circa 1973 plastic head Canadian Count puppet. I found this thread and hoping to learn more about him as there is very little information out there. I spoke to a dealer in Toronto who had one at his shop and had only seen one other for sale on ebay.

5. Mikey's Muppet

Mikey's Muppet New Member

Hello Count puppet fans! Awesome discussion here, great info! I posted some thoughts about the newly discovered 1973 Questor Count puppet box on Mikey's Muppet Memorabilia Museum blog: http://mikeysmuppetmemorabiliamuseum.blogspot.ca/2016/04/the-1973-count-puppet-box.html
    I'm quite a sceptic about that box! Keep up the awesome investigating! By my estimate, it seems that only about a dozen of these Count puppets have ever surfaced online since the late 1990's! Have you guys found the same? Also, thanks David and Jeff for keeping this discussion going over the years. Great work!

VonCount likes this.
  6. VonCount

VonCount Member

Mikey,
    I'm really impressed by your test photo to try to replicate the count in the box. Keep in mind though that this seller could have heavily photoshopped a box and has no intention of actually sending the end user the goods. I'm sure that happens on ebay, as unscrupulous as it seems. I know the box appears to have wear, but this user could have taken a photo of their (or any) Oscar box and photoshopped in a photo of the count. It would be interesting to see if any other boxes are for sale by the same seller with similar wrinkles or tears. Then again if they're truly photoshopping they could have taken a photo from anyone's listing.

7. GroverBoy

GroverBoy New Member

Thanks, Mikey - I've really enjoyed your blog over the years. Sorry I haven't posted more recently. Will do better in the future!

8. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Also, not only is it the same child on the box of the Count puppet and Oscar puppet, but the pictures of the child seem to be IDENTICAL all the way down to creases on his shirt! You are definitely right to be skeptical!

9. Pat Twist

Pat Twist New Member

Hello! Big Muppet fan obviously, but I joined Muppet Central specifically for the purpose of trying to track down an elusive vintage rubber headed Count Von Count puppet.

If anyone feels like getting rid of theirs, I am prepared to pay handsomely. And I DO mean handsomely. Please feel free to contact me at pattwist@gmail.com

On a related note, this auction popped up on ebay yesterday (July 2) and was taken down a day later with no explanation. I had even bid on it. I have tried to contact the seller to ask "why" but have yet to hear back. Quite mysterious!

Pat