VMX and KSY nominated for Emmys

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Two Henson productions, "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" and "Kermit's Swamp Years," received Emmy nominations.

Music and Lyrics: ``The Concert for World Children's Day,'' Song Title: ``Aren't They All Our Children,'' ABC; ``The Fairly OddParents: Love Struck,'' Song Title: ``What Girls Love,'' Nickelodeon; ``The Fairly OddParents: Love Struck,'' Song Title: ``It's Great to Be a Guy,'' Nickelodeon; ``It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie,'' Song Title: ``Everyone Matters,'' NBC; ``The Simpsons: Dude, Where's My Ranch,'' Song Title: ``Everybody Hates Ned Flanders,'' Fox.

Children's Program: ``Kermit's Swamp Years,'' STARZ!; ``Lizzie McGuire,'' Disney; ``Nick News Special Edition: My Family Is Different,'' Nickelodeon; ``Nick News Special Edition: The Iraq Question: American Kids Talk About War,'' Nickelodeon; ``Through a Child's Eyes: September 11, 2001,'' HBO.

If there were more nominations, I didn't see them. But there they are.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well the song might stand a chance, but I don't think KSY can win...I liked it, but I think Lizzie will win...if one of the others win it could go to any of them, it depends whether the lighter side of TV is like or not!

thanks for the info

matleo

Reaction score
nah, I think the Best award children's program will go to "nick news Special edition: American kikds talk about war" the Academy eats up stuff like that. they love it!! best song....hmmm...I don't know. I'm not familiar enough with the other songs to say. I don't think the Muppets will get it though. I wodner if any of the Muppets will make an appearance. it would be nice if they did.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah..the academy is fairly predictable....it's sort of unfair, because it's always the same things that win.....I'm not saying it's totally rigged, they just seem to follow a trend

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
KSY needs to go away and never come back. From begining to end that movie was a waste...I guess I'm bitter or somthing, or maybe I just hold all muppet movies to the standard of the original. gesh...what a terrible waste of muppet fleece. :boo: :boo: :boo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I liked it, though I don't find it very canon to Muppet character history; VMX should win. I really liked the Christmas movie...good to see all the gang back in the Theater again.

WiGgY

Reaction score
AVMMC should win for Everyone Matters. That was a great original song and was really emotional. It totally brings the whole story together.

KSY should not win, but if it did it would be cool. The reason I didn't like it was because I was expecting so much more than what we got. And I think we should expect more. The muppets are much better than what KSY gave us. I was expecting something similar to TMM because it was said KSY was a sequel, so I expected to see a movie about Kermit's youth with sprinklings of Muppet cameos through out.

I mean, how hard could it have been to cut to a shot of a baby Piggy in a pink dress sitiing in a puddle of mud when Kermit was at the farm? He didn't have to see her, but I think the audience did. Same could have gone for baby Lew flishing in Kermit's swamp, baby Rowlf at the pet shop, baby Fozzie sitting by the side of the rode selling jokes, baby Scooter and Skeeter with their uncle who happened to own the same theater Kermit went into, and so on. So much was missing, and don't even get me started on the bad human acting.

But I'm ranting here. Let's hope the muppets win it all!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes, VMX SHOULD win! That song is one of those perfect songs....it's lyrics compares with songs in the first three

GO VMX!!!!

Movies205

Reaction score
I can't believe Lizzie MAguire got nominated it by far the crappiest show on the earth. Crappy plot-lines that have been done zillions of times b4, bad acting, on disney channel, annoying little bro, and other reasons. I haven't seen KSY yet, I'd go out of my way to get it usually but I heard it terrible so I figure why waste my time