1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Voices

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Scouttrooper, May 6, 2002.

1. Scouttrooper

Scouttrooper New Member

Now I don't know if I'm right or not, as I don't know the names of the people who did the voices (apart from Steve- Wembley, and Dave- Boober), but I think the person who did Red's voice now does Ojo's in Bear In The Big Blue House, and Pip and Pop's are done by the person who did the two assistants of the Trash Heap.

I realise it doesnt necessarily sound like them all the time, but you do get glimpses.

Who voiced Gobo? And what does he do now?

Chris:p
  2. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Gobo was voice by Jerry Nelson :) His beard is famous! Well at least to Emmy and me!
  3. Scouttrooper

Scouttrooper New Member

Of course! Thanks Jackie, but why is his beard famous?

;)
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

One night while Jerry was sleeping, his beard ran out on the town and foiled 3 robberies and a car jacking! We refer to that beard as Super Beard!

Jerry just calls it Bob.

By the way, there is a whole list of the Fraggle performers in Jim Henson: The Works. I'll go by memory since I'm doing this from work:

Gobo, Pa Gorg, Trashheap: Jerry Nelson
    Mokey: Kathy Mullen
    Wembley: Steve Whitmire
    Boober, Uncle Matt: Dave Goelz
    Red: Karen Prell (who visits the boards here, nice lady, too)
    Junior Gorg: Richard Hunt

Unsure about Ma Gorg, though. Or Philo and Gunge, or Cotterpin Doozer, et al.

Jim Henson performed Cantus, Convincing John.

Later,
    FOZ
  5. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Why is his beard famous?

Other than "because it's the coolest", I have no real answer.

In the meantime, have a muffin, and we'll get back to you!

:)
  6. Joggy

Joggy Member

Ma Gorg was, I think, Myra Fried (am I right?).
    Philo (purple) is performed by Dave Goelz.
    Gunge is performed by Richard Hunt.
    Cotterpin is performed by Kathy Mullen.

And finally, Sprocket the Dog is performed by Steve Whitmire.

They're not the same people who do Ojo and Pip and Pop. Those are "new generation puppeteers", of whom I keep forgetting the names - not that I don't like them, I think they're brilliant!!! I just have too little reference material... I only know Peter Linz, who also does Tutter.
  7. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

You know, I would now like to take this time to plug my site.

If some of you newbies haven't yet visited Your Face! (well, I'm not telling you to go to your face, I'm telling you to go to Your Face! Look, just click on the link and it may make sense), then go there! It's my crazy little fansite dedicated to Richard Hunt.

Ok, I'm done. Carry on.

:D
  8. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Re: Ma Gorg

Ma Gorg was voiced by Myra Fried in the first season, Cheryl Wagner in all subsequent seasons.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  9. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Hey,

And Trish Leaper performed Ma Gorg's body.

Trish now puppeteers Katie on the Canadian Co Production of Sesame Street, Called Sesame Park.

See ya
  10. Jessie

Jessie New Member

Didn't Steve get assistance from someone w/ sprocket? Was it Karen?

I seem to remember reading something about that...
  11. BlueFrackle

Jessie,

Yeah i think it ws Karen.

Karen said that she had Sprocket ready at MuppetFest, for her and Steve!

I wonder if the Gorg puppets are still usable or have deteriorated like the Fraggles ?

See ya
  12. Jessie

Jessie New Member

Let's hope not! That would be veery sad :0(
  13. Wembley

Wembley Member

Well, all I can say is I hope they used their radish cream to keep 'em from disappearing.... :)

-Rick
  14. BlueFrackle

GUYS!

I dont think Ma has disappeared seeing as she (Cheryl Wagner) has just signed the Petition !

And Rob Mills (Junior Gorg) and Jerry Nelson (Pa Gorg) have signed, So i think they are safe !

As for the suits, Im sure a Junior Suit is in an exhibiton somewhere, And i bt there are still some of those Prop Dolls of the Fraggles.

See ya
  15. Splurge

Splurge Member

So that explains where his beard was when he played the butler in Muppet Treasure Island! Oh, wait, he wasn't asleep then.

Think about the number of Muppeteers who have beards and/or long hair, Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Caroll Spinney, Dave Goelz, Jerry Juhl.... is it a staff requirement? :)
  16. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

I've wondered the same thing.

However, out of the bunch, Jerry's (Nelson) beard is the best...

:)
  17. Fraggle Rock - Voices

*sigh*

Oh, how I wish I heard those in my head 24/7!

Oh, wait---I already do! :D
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hiya,

I'll grow a beard if they will hire me! I'm a darn good puppeteer after all!!

Byron...you sho am scarey, man. You hear Fraggle voices, huh? Hmm.

Well, I guess it's okay since I see little Doozers all over.

FOZ