Vote for The Seasons of The Muppet Show

D

Dil

I'm sorry that I don't have permission to make a new thread on "Games" here at Muppet Central Forum. So I had to make this thread at a Muppet Central Forum about "Classic Muppets".

My thread will feature a game where Muppet Forum Members come here to vote for what is their favorite seasons of The Muppet Show.

Here are my first vote:

5th Season

The 5th Season is my favorite Muppet Show season, because it's pretty exciting. The 1st Season is my least favorite (especially when it got cut) because it was less exciting and was very different than the rest of Muppet Show seasons.

Vote for the Muppet Show Seasons, and I'll record them in my own threads. I'll announce the Best Season of The Muppet Show, after your votes.

BEAR

Reaction score
1. Is this actually a game; and
2. If you want it to be a game thread, talk to the moderator and he can set it up for you.

D

Dil

I don't and don't want to have permission to make a new thread on "Games", BEAR. Can YOU ask the moderator about this thread I made in "Classic Muppets"?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's hard to just pick one favorite. On most shows, my favorites are usually at least the first and last seasons. It's really interesting to watch and compare the differences between a first and last season episode.

However, my favorite seasons of The Muppet Show are the first, third, and fifth season.

I like the first season because of The Houses skits, the Gogalala Jubilee Jugband, Wayne and Wanda, it's George the janitor's only season as a main character, Fozzie had a lot of great monologues, the Talk Spots were good, it's interesting to see Zoot do a lot of talking, and it had a lot of great sketces like Mahna Mahna, Sax and Violence, the Muppet Labs gorillia detector sketch, The Comedians a Bear, Raggmopp, Hugga Wugga, Tenderly, Kermit's interview with Animal, Ethel Merman's numbers, Gonzo eating a tire, and a lot more.

I like the third season because I feel like I haven't seen as many episodes from that season as others, it has many great episodes (Alice Cooper, Leslie Uggums, Raquel Welch, Gilda Radner), this season introduced Bear on Patrol and Muppet Sports, it's the debut season for Louis Kazagger, Lew Zeland and Beauregard, this season had more Marvin Suggs than the other seasons, and it has a lot of great segments, such as Hey There Good Times, School's Out For Summer, Someone Just Like You, Pigs in Space: Dissolvatron, Muppet Labs: Super Adhesive, and more.

And I like the fifth season because it has the best opening and closing themes, it's the only season with Lips, it has a lot of great episodes (Gene Kelly, Loretta Switt, Melissa Manchester, Linda Ronstadt), and it has a lot of great sketches (The Cat Came Back, Baby Driver, In The Navy, Boogie in the Barnyard, Water, Pigs in Space: The End of The World).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Dil said:
I don't and don't want to have permission to make a new thread on "Games", BEAR. Can YOU ask the moderator about this thread I made in "Classic Muppets"?
No offence Dil but I can't really understand why you don't want to post this as a Games thread and also why you don't want to talk to one of the moderators yourself about this thread but have asked BEAR to do so for you:confused:

But to give an honest answer to the question I would say that my favourite season overall is the first. It has always just appealed to me somehow as a stand-alone series in itself. The overall cast as well as the style were very different and I always loved it when I was growing up.:smile:

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I've only seen almost all of season 1 and a few others here and there.

D

Dil

Here's my record:

1. 5th

1. 3rd

1. 1st

4. 4th

4. 2nd

No, we're not done yet. There should be more voting.