Wabbit: The new Looney Tunes series

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've always been more of the Chuck Jones Daffy fans, where Daffy is the angry, jealous, former cartoon star who Bugs completely overtook in popularity. But I still liked the wacky Daffy. You know, the one that Walter Lantz stole to make the original Woody Woodpecker? I've liked the attempts at trying to strike a middleground between those two versions of the character. Space Jam certainly tried to get both wacky Daffy and Chuck Jones Daffy. And it appears they're using the same voice actor who played him in that movie here, to give it more of the higher pitched early Daffy quality.

I wonder if the addition of Porky and Daffy means they're actually going to have those cartoons where Taz is an office worker like the original treatment of the show mentioned. While Porky was mentioned and Foghorn Leghorn got a cameo, the only other recognizable LT character to appear in Wabbit is Yosemite Sam so far. Though this is Bugs's show after all. Taz got one, Sylvester and Tweety got one, Daffy got one.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now that's the type of Looney Tunes I want to see. I did enjoy the "Looney Tunes Show" but this I really do enjoy. Hope we get to start seeing these more then just Bugs shorts.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've always been more of the Chuck Jones Daffy fans, where Daffy is the angry, jealous, former cartoon star who Bugs completely overtook in popularity. But I still liked the wacky Daffy. You know, the one that Walter Lantz stole to make the original Woody Woodpecker? I've liked the attempts at trying to strike a middleground between those two versions of the character. Space Jam certainly tried to get both wacky Daffy and Chuck Jones Daffy. And it appears they're using the same voice actor who played him in that movie here, to give it more of the higher pitched early Daffy quality.

I wonder if the addition of Porky and Daffy means they're actually going to have those cartoons where Taz is an office worker like the original treatment of the show mentioned. While Porky was mentioned and Foghorn Leghorn got a cameo, the only other recognizable LT character to appear in Wabbit is Yosemite Sam so far. Though this is Bugs's show after all. Taz got one, Sylvester and Tweety got one, Daffy got one.
They actually did have a cartoon with Taz as an office worker; hasn't aired, but is on DVD and purchase online.

And from what I read on ToonZone, according to the voice of Porky, there's going to be shorts without Bugs in them.