Wabbit: The new Looney Tunes series

Drtooth

Reaction score
For example, in Tuesday's ep, Yosemite Sam gets his face scrubbed out with a belt sander, crushed by a serpentine belt, and beat up by a wrestler, but him getting bit by a snake is done off-screen.
Standards and Practices. They're never fully sane. Considering how much slips by them in other cartoons, you wonder why any of the cartoon violence is censored.

Yesterday's episode about the Dog Park seemed to be ever so inspired by Ren and Stimpy design wise, moreso than usual. Jack's dog especially looked like it crawled off a R&S episode (albeit a Games one). I really loved those dog designs. That Cal Woofington bit reminded me of Charlie the Dog's spiel from that cartoon where he was trying to goad Porky into adopting him. The whole "50% watch dog, 50% setter...Irish setter" bit. I'm loving Bugs and Squeaks's odd relationship. They really compliment each other comedically, and that's a good thing, and rare good thing for a new Looney Tunes character.

mr3urious

Reaction score
How can we forget the episode about the Snowdeer getting an early start to winter only for Bugs to turn it against him with him getting an early start to Christmas? That one sure did crack me up. :smile:

That Cal Woofington bit reminded me of Charlie the Dog's spiel from that cartoon where he was trying to goad Porky into adopting him.
It's a good thing I watched that Oddity Archive episode about local commercials in order to understand that reference, especially when they zoom in to "his 'dog' Spot". :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a good thing I watched that Oddity Archive episode about local commercials in order to understand that reference, especially when they zoom in to "his 'dog' Spot". :smile:
Those Histeria! writers completely wrote over the rest of the country's collective heads with their "Loud Kiddington and his Dog Fetch" spot, right down to the "Happy and you know it" musical intros. Probably didn't care much that it was just a nod to the product being made in California.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I loved Bugs' war with the mail snail that wouldn't leave his house until he got tipped, very reminiscent of "Draftee Daffy" but with a less dated tone as conscription is no longer mandatory in this country (at least not now). Also loved the scene where Bugs bounced the snail around on non-stick frying pans, and bonus points for having Foghorn Leghorn appear.

The tooth fairy episode showed a more vitriolic side to Bugs and Squeaks' friendship as the former does everything to get his teeth back from the thieving fairy, including yanking out one of Squeaks' own.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That Foghorn cameo surprised me. His redesign kinda looked funny to me, and funny looking things tend to crack me up for some reason. But nice to see we have other LT characters cameo-ing in the series so it's just not all Bugs and Yosemite. Great that they brought back Wile E. as the neighbor, even though it was a short cameo as well.

I just wonder to what capacity we can expect to see other characters. I'd love to see this be the opposite of Duck Dodgers and actually not show Daffy at all.DD never showed Bugs, but mentioned him once while giving mostly every other LT character, and even some HB ones anything from brief background gags to full on adversarial roles. As I said before, this is the first Bugs starring TV Looney Tunes show that isn't an ensemble piece, and so far I really like how this is working out.

mr3urious

Reaction score
There was another Bigfoot episode last night, and I gotta say, it was the best one so far. There was a good deal of action with the two escaping the science facility where Foot was caught, and it wasn't totally about Foot being an idiot at Bugs' expense. I'd like to see more of these adventurous episodes with these two.

And I love how even though the Grim Reaper Rabbit may be immortal, he's still capable of getting hurt, and is terrified of Bugs because of it. That's a nice twist on the character. :smile:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Took 'em long enough to air a new one.

They made a nice little subtle mythology gag on Bugs's video game. The rabbit sprite mimics the movement of Bugs's game sprite from Crazy Castle. Nice little nod to Rabbit Rampage (the Bugs sequel of Duck Amok) at the end.

Really liked the Yzma expy in the second one where Bugs tunneled his way to Burning Rabbt, without realizing he took the wrong turn at Albuquerque. Even with Candi Milo doing an Eartha Kitt impersonation.

mr3urious

Reaction score
They made a nice little subtle mythology gag on Bugs's video game. The rabbit sprite mimics the movement of Bugs's game sprite from Crazy Castle. Nice little nod to Rabbit Rampage (the Bugs sequel of Duck Amok) at the end.
There's also all his LARP pics which are just clips from old shorts, including the infamous "What's Opera, Doc?".

Really liked the Yzma expy in the second one where Bugs tunneled his way to Burning Rabbt, without realizing he took the wrong turn at Albuquerque. Even with Candi Milo doing an Eartha Kitt impersonation.
I loved how Bugs still pretended to think that he really was at Burning Hare just to screw with her. That's kinda the way he operates. :smile:

C to the J

Reaction score
Does the new music for the opening sequence sound a little out of place to anyone? I thought the other kind of music was better.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The first season - or at least part of it - has been on DVD for a few weeks now. I'm surprised that it's "season one, part one", and there's 26 episodes on the set (counting entire half-hours as episodes, as opposed to each short segment). I'm surprised to see that the shows first season has more than 26 episodes. In fact I'm surprised that there are even 26 (as opposed to 24 or 13). I guess it's a daily show as opposed to a weekly show (I really should get online and do the research myself).

I got the DVD, haven't watched all of it. It's decent, but I like The Looney Tunes Show better. I don't know what to make of the new characters. I feel like they shouldn't have created so many new ones, but I could just be thinking this because they take away from appearances by classic characters who don't appear. Still, I saw it pointed out on TV Tropes that Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote are Bugs' only recurring foes to appear on the show (although Porky Pig isn't a foe, I think I've seen Bugs mention Porky in one episode). I wonder what the deal with that is. So there's no Daffy Duck or (despite how it's titled) Elmer Fudd? No Tasmanian Devil, Marvin the Martian, Gossammer, Rocky and Mugsy, or Witch Hazel? That's a shame.