Waiting for Avenue Q Cast List Announcements

buttons

Reaction score
I suppose this would be the best forum to get some relief in. I thought I was going to audition for Avenue Q months ago and I did via video but it was in another state so that didn't work. But I just had an in person audition for on Monday. Cast list is announced tomorrow.

I don't even know how I did. I've been stage acting for a long time and film acting for a few years. Puppet performing/building? Less than three months and only in classes.

Anyway, I brought my puppet I made for fun--not to use because using props in an audition is a no-no usually. They asked me to use him (to mixtape). I did but I so don't even remember what I did. It's like I was on auto pilot, haha. Did I even move his mouth even if not in perfect sync to my singing. I hope I did, I looked at him once in a while, which I'm not sure is okay--at least I think I looked at him. By the way, his name iss Hugo Monster--this is him (my first puppet I built) He is against my black backpack and the colors are tweaked to seem like a solid background, haha.

In the green room I was messing around with reciting memorized avenue q lines with another actor so I got to practice my Kate, voice--which I HOPE has gotten better since a recording I did last year but posted on tumblr last month(I will show it to you but be warned, the 'Everyone's a Little Bit Racist beginning is HORRIBLE). The whole thing is pretty bad but I think I have her voice under control now. Less overdone and weird than before. HERE

The point of this post is to just relax and talk it out. I keep having cast list dreams. You know, the ones where you see the cast list but for some reason you are unable to read it.

I hope I get in. I wanted Kate or a Bad Idea Bear. I think I am too short for a bear (to float/reach over Princeton) and way too short for a second puppeteer for Trekkie and Nicky and so on.

Vent is done--I actually do feel a bit more calm now.