Walt Disney Cartoon Shorts

Erine81981

Reaction score
I figured i would put up a thread about anything on any of the Walt Disney Cartoon Theater Shorts way back in 30's, 40's and 50's. Now the reason i'm doing a thead is because i'm trying to find out something about these old B&W cartoons of Mickey Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck.

Ok i have volume 1 & 2 of Mickey Mouse in Black and White DVDs. Now i know way back in the day during the time of the old Disney Channel they used to show the old Black & White cartoons and they would be kinda in color. Now i've have asked myself, "How Did They Color These Older Black & White Cartoons?"

If anyone has an answer that would make my day. Also this thread will not only be for questions. It can be abou talking about the favorite ones or how you enjoy them or questions too. Thanks.

muppets2

Reaction score
i have all of the donald duck cartoons and i have studied thoose cartoons for years they probably used a special kind of marker and used some sort of tech to s=make it stay there

dwmckim

Reaction score
Probably the same technque Ted Turner used when he got a lot of flack for colorizing classic b&w films.

muppets2

Reaction score
Probably,Does anyone here have the complete disney treasures collection?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Theses are the ones i have Muppets2.

Mickey Mouse in B&W Vol. 1
Mickey Mouse in B&W Vol. 2
Mickey Mouse in Color Vol. 2
The Complete Pluto Vol. 1
The Complete Pluto Vol. 2
The Ch. of Donald Duck Vol. 1
The Ch. of Donald Duck Vol. 2
The Ch. of Donald Duck Vol. 3
The Complete Oswald the Rabbit
Disneyland USA
Your Host Walt Disney

Now i wanted to ask if anyone has any of the audio files or video of Bret Iwan doing Mickey's voice? I've been waiting and waiting to hear the new voice to Mickey but i can't find any. I've heard he's already done some stuff but i don't know how other's are being able to hear it before anyone else has. And i'm not upset i just been waiting and didn't know when we were going to get to hear Bret Iwan's voice of Mickey.

muppets2

Reaction score
Theses are the ones i have Muppets2.

Mickey Mouse in B&W Vol. 1
Mickey Mouse in B&W Vol. 2
Mickey Mouse in Color Vol. 2
The Complete Pluto Vol. 1
The Complete Pluto Vol. 2
The Ch. of Donald Duck Vol. 1
The Ch. of Donald Duck Vol. 2
The Ch. of Donald Duck Vol. 3
The Complete Oswald the Rabbit
Disneyland USA
Your Host Walt Disney

Now i wanted to ask if anyone has any of the audio files or video of Bret Iwan doing Mickey's voice? I've been waiting and waiting to hear the new voice to Mickey but i can't find any. I've heard he's already done some stuff but i don't know how other's are being able to hear it before anyone else has. And i'm not upset i just been waiting and didn't know when we were going to get to hear Bret Iwan's voice of Mickey.
no i have no idea but here are the ones i have:
Donald Duck all four
Anette
mickey B&W vol 2
pluto vol 2
your host walt disney
oswald
celebrated shorts
more silly sympohines
disneyland secrets magic and more
oswald the lucky rabbit

i am looking for all the other ones

Erine81981

Reaction score
I am too. I'm having to look on Ebay. I haven't been able to find them anywhere i live. Even when i go to other cities or towns. So i'll proubley just try and get them off ebay.

zns

Reaction score
I have the DVD's for the Mickey Mouse shorts with the Disney Treasures line, yet I still need to find the 1st one of his color shorts. I also have "On the Front Lines" and Disneyland U.S.A" in my collection. Great moments from Disney's glory days.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Hey Kyle! I don't have any audio or video or anything of Mr. Iwan's work as Mickey, but I did do a quick Google search and found this pretty cool article about him: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/2009/0...g-the-art-of-bret-iwan-voice-of-mickey-mouse/

I'm sure we'll hear/see something from the mouse soon! :big_grin:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Hey Kyle! I don't have any audio or video or anything of Mr. Iwan's work as Mickey, but I did do a quick Google search and found this pretty cool article about him: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/2009/0...g-the-art-of-bret-iwan-voice-of-mickey-mouse/

I'm sure we'll hear/see something from the mouse soon! :big_grin:
Thanks Ryan. This is pretty cool. I heard he did cards and other art work of Mickey for Hallmark. But to get to see some of his work is cool too. I know there should be some new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse shows coming soon for either the new season or the rest of the Second Season. Can't wait to hear him.