Walt Disney Company - Classic Muppets???

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The closest in a long time that they've been to being the Classic Muppets was in the VMX movie, in my opinion. I guess because none of the characters were performing as voice-dubbings.

BEAR

Reaction score
Marky said:
Well, to be fair, a lot of that would have to do with what the script and storyline give a character, wouldn't it? Not to mention the director. I wouldn't put that 100% on the performer. Just my opinion.
I agree with you about that. It's also in the writing and direction. I think that A Muppet Christmas Carol might have been the last we saw of the sympathetic/vulnerable Miss Piggy that I mentioned.

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I agree with you about that. It's also in the writing and direction. I think that A Muppet Christmas Carol might have been the last we saw of the sympathetic/vulnerable Miss Piggy that I mentioned.
Are you kidding? Ten years later we see Piggy at her MOST vulnerable in the alternate reality sequence in IAVMMCM!

(actually, her child - Tiny Tim - dying was more vulnerable. I need more coffee)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Piggy and a box of chocolates is pure vulnerability--wait, ANYBODY with a box of chocolates is pure vulnerability!! :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, I think that it'll only work if you kinda balance the 2 out. Not have Piggy too tough because you lose the "believeability" of the character(even though she's a pig, you still kinda think that she's a villan instead of a good guy) and if you have her too vulnerable, then you lose what made her so great, so a balance like what some of the old school muppets had. Kind of a sweet spot for Kermit, and everybody else she spits on. But that's just me.

Daniel

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
TMS Seasons 3 - 5 and TMM Piggy personality...that's who she is.

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
TMM Piggy personality...that's who she is.

Agreed, pluse her role in MCC (even though she was "acting")

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
The closest in a long time that they've been to being the Classic Muppets was in the VMX movie, in my opinion. I guess because none of the characters were performing as voice-dubbings.
Well, Jerry Nelson dubbed the voices for his characters, and Kevin Clash dubbed Sam the Eagles voice.