Wanted:1951 Studebaker Commander miniature

muppetperson

Reaction score
I am after a 1951 Studerbaker commander 2 door miniature, the same type that was used in The Muppet Movie.I have been looking on ebay, but they seem to be coups and dont have the side panels on the back window.Ideally, I would like one on a signature labelled base.Anybody know where I can get one?

The Narrator

Reaction score

muppetperson

Reaction score
You know, I'd never thought of looking for a die-cast Studebaker. But, now I am.

This is the best image I could find of the Studebaker in The Muppet Movie.

While it looks like a few models came out that fit the bill at Toy Wonders, they all seem to be out of stock.

In fact, the only one I could find for sale was on this eBay page, where they've got a buy it now link for $50 and a shipping price of $15.

Good luck!
Thanks very much for your help.That is the same reference picture that I have, plus another of it in the repainted style in front of the church.All the models seem to be Coupes, and dont have the rear window separation panel.The "glass" just goes right around the back from the front door instead of having a second window divider.I seen something accurite on ShrockBrothers, but it is currently not in production.

The Narrator

Reaction score
Ah. It looks like a couple of the models have a thin line on the back window, but I see what you mean. Nothing has that thick "separate piece of glass" body frame sort of take on the back window.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Ah. It looks like a couple of the models have a thin line on the back window, but I see what you mean. Nothing has that thick "separate piece of glass" body frame sort of take on the back window.
Yes, to give you a better idea, here is the car side on...

This is a 2 door sadan.Most of the models I am seeing are 2 door coupes,which doesnt have the rear window dividing panel.