Wanted Cell?

snootchy

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I am new here, so bear with me, OK!

I am looking for a Muppets cell (not sure from what date) but I am guessing around mid 1990) of all of the Muppets standing around (actually back from) a single microphone on a stage, looking solemn and visibly upset - as if nobody has anything to say following Jim's untimely death. This piece was obviously done to commemorate Jim Hensen's death.

It is really a touching piece, especially considering that for once in their lives NONE of the Muppets has anything to say, but rather all prefer to reflect on the moment.

Does anyone else know what I am talking about here? I cannot seem to find any hint of this anywhere on the internet, yet alone any "Muppet-related" web site.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you thinking of the commemorative piece for Mel Blanc? It had all the Looney Tunes characters similar to what you described. I believe it said "Speechless" underneath.

snootchy

Reaction score
Maybe... sorry... I could be mistaken thinking it was for Jim Henson. Can you explain more to me? Do you know where I can find it, online preferrably? "Speachless" sounds correct!

uncleduke

Reaction score
I was in Orlando when Jim passed away, and all I remember was a full page "in memorium" that had Mickey Mouse on it, hat in hand with a tear.
I clipped it, and have it in my "Of Muppets and Men"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Description sounds like the Mel Blanc cel; after all, why would the Muppets be on a cel when they aren't known for being animated?

The best picture I remember is a sad Kermit in a director's chair with Jim's name on it.

radionate

Reaction score
I'm sure its the Mel Blanc cel you are thinking of as well. There is also one done of a animator's desk for Fritz when he passed away.

I remember a print of Mickey and Kermit sitting together on a log in sillouette against the sunset. Maybe this is what you are thinking of?