Wanted: Dick Cavett Show with the Muppets

KermiClown

Reaction score
I am looking for a copy of The Dick Cavett Show episode that was dedicated to an hour with the Muppets. Characters from The Frog Prince, The Great Santa Claus Switch and Sesame Street all make appearances. And Dick talks to Jim Henson and some of the other Muppeteers.

If anyone has this, I have lots and lots of rare Muppet appearances for trade.

You can email me at: KermiClownVideos@aol.com

You can view my Muppet video collection here: http://www.ontheroadwithdavid.com/OnTheRoad/MuppetVideos.htm

zns

Reaction score
This may not be the best suggestion, but you could probably try and contact someone over at Henson or Sesame Workshop and see what they have. Hope you make out all right. I am trying to find that appearnce as well.

zns

Reaction score
Could someone who has seen the entire special possibly give me a complet description of it. Thanx.

ploobis

Reaction score
I am looking for a copy of The Dick Cavett Show episode that was dedicated to an hour with the Muppets. Characters from The Frog Prince, The Great Santa Claus Switch and Sesame Street all make appearances. And Dick talks to Jim Henson and some of the other Muppeteers.

If anyone has this, I have lots and lots of rare Muppet appearances for trade.

You can email me at: KermiClownVideos@aol.com

You can view my Muppet video collection here: http://www.ontheroadwithdavid.com/OnTheRoad/MuppetVideos.htm
I am looking for that special too! That was one of the coolest Muppet Specials I have ever seen!

I saw the special from the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library at the University Of Maryland!

I hope somebody will have the special on tape or DVD!

ploobis

Reaction score
Could someone who has seen the entire special possibly give me a complet description of it. Thanx.
I will tell you what I remember seeing but it all might not be in order.

Dick Cavett introduces the show with Thog behind him.

The Muppets perform the following classic sketches.

1. I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face

2. Mahna Mahna

3. The Art Of Visual Thinking

4. Glow Worm

Jim Henson talks to Dick Cavett about The Frog Prince special and they show a clip of the special (The Frog Song Scene). Jim lets Dick try on the Mahna Mahna puppet after preforming Mahna Mahna and then Jim shows Dick the Frackles from The Great Santa Clause Switch.

Jim Henson plugs the Muppet Alphabet Album. Big Bird sings "Very, Very Special Letter", Jim Henson, Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson have the Anything Muppets lip-sync to the song "P My Favorite Letter", Ernie & Bert sing "La, La, La". Cookie Monster, Grover and Oscar each talk to Dick Cavett.

Jim Henson, Frank Oz and Don Salin demonstrate how a whatnot Muppet Works and Jerry Nelson demonstrates the Bossman Puppet along with Kermit Love.

Jim Henson shows Mr. Cavett his great films like Time Piece, King of 8 from SS and the number call machine (built by Frank Oz).

It was such a great special that I really hope that someone has it!

:smile:

KermiClown

Reaction score
Muppets on Dick Cavett Show audio download

Hey Everyone!

Although I, too, desperately want to see The Dick Cavett Show with the Muppets, I do have the entire audio track of the program.

If you would like to hear it, you can download it from my website.

Here is the link: http://www.KermiClownVideos.com/Cavett.htm

Enjoy!

DAVID

ploobis

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Although I, too, desperately want to see The Dick Cavett Show with the Muppets, I do have the entire audio track of the program.

If you would like to hear it, you can download it from my website.

Here is the link: http://www.KermiClownVideos.com/Cavett.htm

Enjoy!

DAVID
Thank you for the audio track of The Dick Cavett Special! How did you get that?

I hope some day that you will get The Muppets Dick Cavett Special. And when you do I will be ready to trade for a copie! :smile:

KermiClown

Reaction score
I got the audio track in a trade a while back from another fan whose father captured the audio with a cassette recorder from the TV set, possibly when it originally aired. They transferred it to a CD for our trade.

I hope to have the video of the show someday, too! Here's hoping!

zns

Reaction score
I think I know how one might be able to acquire the special, yet it is a risky situation and does involve copyright laws. The University of Maryland's Henson library has the special on their computers, right? I also belive that they may have the special available for students to borrow on DVD-R, right? If someone might be able to borrow the DVD and (here's the risky part) copy it onto another disk, that might work, right? :coy: It's just a suggestion, but I don't want anyone to get into any trouble. :stick_out_tongue: :embarrassed:

zns

Reaction score
I justy got a suggestion from another member here on the forum. If you wanted to access the show on the University of Maryland's video website, you would havbe to find out what their ip number is and use it with your own ip number. It might work, I don't know. I hope someone knows how to do it.