Wanted: Fraggle Plushies

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering if any of you had any spare Fraggle Rock plushies about. I'd prefer the newer ones, but I'll take any older ones if need be. Pics would be nice so I can see what I may potentially buy.

However, I do not need a Sababa Red, since I already got one of her. I'll take a look at one of any other brand, though. As for the others, any brand will work (Though Manhattan Toy is one I'm looking for personally)

This is for my personal collection as well as entertaining my baby cousin whom I babysit. I let her watch some of the episodes I have and she's hooked. :excited:

Feel free to PM me or reply to this post. Like I said, I'd love pictures if you have any. Thanks in advance. :coy:

Quazimoto

Reaction score

Unfortunately, you're probably going to be hard pressed to find someone who wishes to part with Fraggle plushies. I have a complete set of the vintage Hasbro and Tomy ones and I know you'd be hard pressed to get me to give them up.

You're best bet is probably eBay and possibly Amazon. The newer plushes are fairly easy to find on eBay, depending on which manufacturer. Just search under "Fraggle Rock Plush" or "Fraggle Rock Doll"

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you're probably going to be hard pressed to find someone who wishes to part with Fraggle plushies. I have a complete set of the vintage Hasbro and Tomy ones and I know you'd be hard pressed to get me to give them up.

You're best bet is probably eBay and possibly Amazon. The newer plushes are fairly easy to find on eBay, depending on which manufacturer. Just search under "Fraggle Rock Plush" or "Fraggle Rock Doll"
Well, I did check eBay and Amazon and most of them are from Sababa or Manhattan Toy (The latter I'm a bit more interested in). I understand people aren't going to sell their Hasbro or Tomy guys probably for collectors or nostalgia reasons (I know how you feel, I wouldn't give up an old E.T. I have for nothing. :halo: )

I was just asking here because I know you guys know the value of some of the newer plushies and would offer a fair price instead of being all business and overpricing them without any forethought.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Well, I did check eBay and Amazon and most of them are from Sababa or Manhattan Toy (The latter I'm a bit more interested in). I understand people aren't going to sell their Hasbro or Tomy guys probably for collectors or nostalgia reasons (I know how you feel, I wouldn't give up an old E.T. I have for nothing. :halo: )

I was just asking here because I know you guys know the value of some of the newer plushies and would offer a fair price instead of being all business and overpricing them without any forethought.

Oh, I hear ya there. I'm currently trying to work with an eBay seller on a Harry And The Hendersons talking plush. She seems reluctant to budge from her $35 price tag even though the auction ran for seven days and received no bids. I offered what I thought was a fair price point considering the plush doesn't talk properly anymore, but thus far, she hasn't gone for it. I don't particularly care whether he works properly or not, but I do care about paying an appropriate price because a working one would be worth more if I should ever have to resell him. Chances are he'd go right next to the Fraggle in the 'you'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands' category, but just in case.

Anyway, be a bit patient. Someone on this board might have a Fraggle plushie or two they'd be willing to sell. Just might take them a little while to find the posting.

Good Luck.

:coy:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Thanks bro. I know what you mean on that problem. Someone was selling a taking Buster doll from Tiny Toons, and he/she wanted about $50 bucks not including shipping. It worked, but I could not see the justification for that price.

I'll be patient, as I'm probably going to get Mokey off Amazon soon. I figured I'd get the one that's not so common than float in a sea of Gobos, Wembleys, and Boobers.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Thanks bro. I know what you mean on that problem. Someone was selling a taking Buster doll from Tiny Toons, and he/she wanted about $50 bucks not including shipping. It worked, but I could not see the justification for that price.

I'll be patient, as I'm probably going to get Mokey off Amazon soon. I figured I'd get the one that's not so common than float in a sea of Gobos, Wembleys, and Boobers.

Good call on the Mokey. For some reason she seems to be the hardest to find at a decent price in just about any set. I know I'm still looking for a Hasbro Mokey to help complete my friend's Fraggle Plush collection. I seriously lucked out a couple years ago when I snagged one on eBay (complete with her coat and in mint condition) for under $40.

P.S. - If anyone's reading this thread and has a Harry And The Hendersons talking plush they'd be willing to sell (in good condition, but totally fine if the voice doesn't work). I'd happily pay around $30 (that's with shipping) for him.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Good call on the Mokey. For some reason she seems to be the hardest to find at a decent price in just about any set. I know I'm still looking for a Hasbro Mokey to help complete my friend's Fraggle Plush collection. I seriously lucked out a couple years ago when I snagged one on eBay (complete with her coat and in mint condition) for under $40.

P.S. - If anyone's reading this thread and has a Harry And The Hendersons talking plush they'd be willing to sell (in good condition, but totally fine if the voice doesn't work). I'd happily pay around $30 (that's with shipping) for him.
The one I'm getting is the Manhattan Toy version. They seem to be good when it comes to the Fraggles. They seem to have left out her necklace though, but I can probably make one myself, seeing as it's just a pop-tab tied around a bit of twine.

As for the Mokey you mentioned, I found one on eBay without her coat for 50 bucks. I can only assume she'd cost more with said coat. That and someone else is selling a Tomy and Hasbro Red for 35 bucks. They seem to be in okay condition, but I'm not a huge fan of them (The Hasbro one has a gaping mouth while the Tomy is under-proportioned)

I'll be on the lookout for you though, man.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
The one I'm getting is the Manhattan Toy version. They seem to be good when it comes to the Fraggles. They seem to have left out her necklace though, but I can probably make one myself, seeing as it's just a pop-tab tied around a bit of twine.

As for the Mokey you mentioned, I found one on eBay without her coat for 50 bucks. I can only assume she'd cost more with said coat. That and someone else is selling a Tomy and Hasbro Red for 35 bucks. They seem to be in okay condition, but I'm not a huge fan of them (The Hasbro one has a gaping mouth while the Tomy is under-proportioned)

I'll be on the lookout for you though, man.
Yeah, Hasbro Mokeys with the coat typically sell in the $60-$80 range. I'm partial to the Hasbro line myself because I had a Gobo back when I was a kid (until my little brother decided to shave his head and tail, followed by a leg amputation. Darned siblings.)

Thanks for keeping a lookout. I shall do likewise for you. :smile:

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Thought you might like to know that four Manhattan Toys Fraggle Plushies have just recently been put up on eBay.

Wembley - item # 370404274469
Boober - item # 220632035683
Red - item # 370404273886
Mokey - item # 220632034709