WARNING! Muppet Monopoly Uh-oh!

SarahHIYE

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum! And I have some very disturbing news about the Muppet Monopoly. I bought the game from a little store down in Cape Cod last weekend. When I arrived home, I opened it to find that I had two Fozzies and no Kermit! So I went back the next day to exchange. When I got there though, the sales person had to go through three other boxes before she could find one with all the right parts! The first box had no character pieces at all and then the next box had three Sweedish Chefs!
:grouchy:
:concern:

So this is just a warning to say to open your boxes as soon as you get them and don't go AAAALLLL the way home with the wrong pieces! Maybe the store I went to just had a bad shipment, but maybe not... The store had to call the makers of the game to inform them of all the problems because there were so many. I mean, one is kind of reasonable, but THREE in a row!!!
Have a very merry muppet day!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thanks for the intel! I haven't purchased mine yet, so I'm glad to know what to be careful of.

I hope you didn't have to drive from NYC all the way back to the Cape though, yikes!

Welcome :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Whao! That's crazy! glad you had your problem fixed, it is odd with three boxes in a row, plus yours!

That's what I call a Monopoly mixup!

SarahHIYE

Reaction score
Re: Warning

Haha no I did not have to drive from NY again to the Cape. I was still on the Cape, just at a rented beach house--but it was still an hour away from the store where I had bought it. I'm an NYC girl only during the school year--during the summer I live/work in Boston. So if I had gone home it wouldn't have been THAT big of a deal :wink:
:smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its great that you got your problem fixed, Me and my family, especially my Mum always have problems with things like that, my brother finally finds a CD that he wants after hours of being in the same store, lol and they look for the CD behind the counter and they can only find the case.

The same thing has happened where they have sold us just an empty Cd or DVD case, lol.

I wish the muppet monopoly was available here in Australia, although there have been a few very limited sightings of it. That would be a problem if the pieces were missing, etc if that were here in Australia as here we are lucky to get a one copy of the game so it would be hard to replace.

from, Paul :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
wouldn't you be able to send it to the company for a replacement? probably kind of expensive, though

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Aw, geez, that stinks....Guess I'll have to be careful when I buy MY Monopoly game!
.....Hey, where IS Monopoly Guy, anyway? Haven't seen him around in a VEEEERY long time....

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
wouldn't you be able to send it to the company for a replacement? probably kind of expensive, though
That would probably be possible but very annoying and inconvenient, it would take ages too.
:smile:

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
I was wondering where exactly you heard that the Muppet Monopoly boards were being sold in Australia, and where abouts? Also, do you have any of the Sideshow Muppet Busts, or any copy of "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie"? :smile: