Was Clifford a member of The Electric Mayhem?

jrhzoot

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I thought I remember reading somewhere that Clifford got his start on The Jim Henson Hour as a singer with the Electric Mayhem. Is this true? Does this mean that there's 7 official members of The Electric Mayhem?

If anybody could clear this up, that would be appreciated. Thanks

P

Philo and Gunge

He was only a member of the EM in "The Muppets At Walt Disney World". Most Muppet collectors put the Clifford figure is the band too :wink:

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of this? I always wondered why everyone said that Clifford was part of the Electric Mayhem because I never saw them together... I personally like the Electric Mayhem with just six members - I don't consider Clifford to be a part of the band, he has his own career...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Clifford started out as the bass player for Solid Foam on JHH. Then in M@WDW he was in the Em. Had Jim Henson not passed away and the EM lived on, he would have probably stayed with them. It would have been nice if Cliffod was with the EM during MFS (lips should have been with them too).

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i think it was wise to put clifford out on his own instead of being with the band. i prefer the 6 members, although it seems like the henson company likes to neglect lips and just used the original 5.

but if you want to count the trumpet girl in there from the first few seasons of the muppet show, then there were 8 members of the electric mayhem!

ryan

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
To me, the EM consists of only the "Fab Five"---:big_grin:, :sing:, :flirt:, :cool:, and :halo:

Lips and Clifford just don't make the cut in my book.

*slams "Byron's Official Book o' All Thangs Muppety" shut*