Was Mad based on a song?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I heard the song Mad recently, and I was wondering if that song is based on a particular song? The music style sounds familiar, though I don't know the name of the song that it sounds like. I just recall a similar song with some "Da da da, da da, da da" verses that this song seems to replace with "Very angry, very very angry, real mad...".

cartman

Reaction score
i belive it was "get a job"

hi

my name is cartman

i belive it is was bassed on get a job by sharalette

a old 50's song"

Soul H

Reaction score
Are you sure it wasn't by The Sillouhettes?

cartman said:
hi

my name is cartman

i belive it is was bassed on get a job by sharalette

a old 50's song"

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I thought MAD was a song based on the magazine of the same name...?

That was a joke there. Tehee. :smile: :big_grin:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Sometimes these things are hard to tell though some maybe more obvious.

If you remember a number 5 skit where Luis, Bob, David and Gordon where a group known as the Lover of 5. Each of them would say why they love 5 and sing this song. '' Give 5 Give 5 Give me 1234 Give me 5. etc.

There was a song by some R&B group which from the 70s with a song called Float On which also had the same song format where each of the members introduce themselves and tell a little bit about themselves and it makes me think that the Give me 5 song was a priority of this other song I mention.

There was a song recorded in 1958 called The 10 Commanments of Love and this was definitly where SS got the idea of the 10 Commandments of Heath.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's interesting. I read at Muppet Wiki that Get Along was inspired by Get a Job. Both songs sound different. Then again, quite a few parody songs on Sesame Street sound different from the original songs (for example, while the title Honk Around the Clock sounds like a parody of Rock Around the Clock, the music and tune doens't sound much like the song).