1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Was there an actual Muppet Magazine?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppet_fan_1, Apr 29, 2002.

1. muppet_fan_1

muppet_fan_1 Member

I heard rumors and seen acover, but am not sure. Anyone know? :confused:
  2. matleo

matleo Active Member

Yep, it ws real. It ran from like 83 or 84 to 88 or so. It as a fun magazonce. comics, intervies with celebs. And just general zany stuff. but very real.

--Matt
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have a few issues, but they're old, lost and in bad condition. It was like the Disney Adventures magazine when it first came out, only with Muppets.
  4. muppet_fan_1

muppet_fan_1 Member

where can I find copies of this magazine? how many wre published do you know? I mean, it couldn't have been for very long f I hadn't heard of it till now...:confused:
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Muppet Magazine was aroung for a while. From around 81 or 82 to around 88. I know someone else will have more exact dates, but that is approximately how long it was out. It was published quarterly with a few special issues. Hope this helped a little bit. i too would like to know the exact figure(s).
  6. muppet_fan_1

muppet_fan_1 Member

You say you know someone who would know? by chance....coud you ASK this particular someone? I would greatly appreciate it.:D
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I meant someone on the board [in general] could help you with the specific figures and volumes. Be patient for a day or so and I am sure that someone will give you a more detailed answer. I was just offereing what I knes. If you are looking for copies, Ebay is your best choice. There are also copies on Muppet Central every now and then.:D :D :D :D
  8. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Hmmm, maybe it's time for me to visit my local used cartoons and magazines dealer :)

/Anders
  9. Pschtyckque

Pschtyckque New Member

The only copy I have is the Star Wars issue. It also features a young Drew Barrymore. Funny stuff.
  10. statnwaldorf

statnwaldorf New Member

Muppet Magazine ran from January 1982 to Spring 1989. It was quarterly giving a total of 26 magazines, the last issue being solely posters from previous issues.

Hope that helps.

Michael.
  11. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

In a utopian future they would have a weekly Muppet magazine that would be around forever, not to mention an all Muppets TV Channel. :D
  12. muppet_fan_1

muppet_fan_1 Member

thank you so much. it DOES help. now I have a lil more inf to give the person I'm having track them down for me...(he kinda looked at me funny when I told him I needed to find Muppet magazines....)
  13. matleo

matleo Active Member

hey Meghan!!! You got your avatar working!!!! Yeahhhhh!!!!!!! now I am a happy boy!

--Matt
  14. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

Oh this topic makes me so bitter towards myself. I had somewhere in the ball park of 8 - 10 issues which I STUPIDLY cut up to make a collage for a school project!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!! Obviously I wasn't thinking or I would've still had my magazines. It was the coolest magazine ever!

I even wrote a question to Dr. Bunsen Honeydew for his question and answer page. I asked if all the time zones begin and end at the top and the bottom of the world then how would a person tell time at the North or South poles? The magazine went out of production around that time so I never got an answer but I did get a postcard back from Kermit the Frog and the staff of Muppet Magazine thanking me for writing in. The picture on the front was of the Muppet Magazine offices with a lot of the Muppets hanging out there. I still have it in my scrapbook. I thought it was the coolest.

I do have The Muppet Christmas Carol magazine though. It's fun to look through but not as great as the Muppet Magazine was though.
  15. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Megan,

Something to look for would be the hardcover book "Muppets Muppets Muppets!" on eBay or someplace else...it's basically a collection of a bunch of articles and stories from Muppet Magazine--sort of a best of collection. It's hardcover, and it turns up pretty often.

Good luck!

Quinnnnnnnnn
  16. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member