We Are The World 25 For Haiti

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Watched it and it sucked. I know the message is the same. It's all about "we're one, we need to come together and help, yadda yadda blippity bloop".

In all honesty, the one made in 1985 was great and it had a lot of star power in it. Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Steve Perry, Diana Ross, Dionne Warwick, Daryl Hall and John Oates, Huey Lewis, Michael Jackson, Billy Joel, Cyndi Lauper, Paul Simon, Kenny Rogers, Harry Belafonte, Kenny Loggins, etc. Those people were, well are, the best of the best. Even on a bad day they could still wipe the floor with the new tacky artists of today.

This new one, although it had "some" good singers, had a bunch of crap in it. The rappers had to use digitalized filler to "improve" their voices. Those people couldn't sing anything even if you put a gun to their heads and told them to sing happy birthday.

It was also odd to see Tony Bennett in there with a bunch of craptastic "musicians".

My rating for the '10 version: two stars out of four stars.

Kiki

Reaction score
It was also odd to see Tony Bennett in there with a bunch of craptastic "musicians".
Amen. Seeing Tony Bennett (who I really like)S and Barbra Steisand (who I'm a fan of... shoosh T.T) perform with the likes of Miley Cyrus and Kanye West was kinda unusual. In a refreshing way? Nooo. Good to see Carlos Santana, though. :big_grin: Although I reckon I prefer the original (I mean, come ON. The new one has that Justin Bieber twat in it), but it's for a good cause so I better keep my mouth shut. :3

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I was disappointed by it. I appreciate trying to keep it "Modern" and current with the times - but at the same time, it just went a little too far and kind of just ruined the whole thing for me. Plus I didn't feel there were enough shots of all the singers to even see who all participated this time. I did appreciate that they left in some of the old stuff sung by Michael Jackson, that was a nice tribute. Otherwise, it was just so/so for me.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I was personally unimpressed :/ It will never compare to the older one.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I posted a little thread about this earlier, but it's gotten lost. The cool thing about this piece is that it was recorded at Henson Studios. I know it's for a good cause, but you can't have We Sre The World without Cyndi Lauper and all of the other great artists in the original. The newer, younger talent can't compare to the legends that were bumped. But I understand why, and heck, we always have the original.