We Bare Bears

mr3urious

Reaction score
Nom Nom gets another episode starring himself. I enjoyed his rivalry with another Internet celeb and how he strung the bears along to plan an elaborate jump scare to get back at him.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Ranger Tabes was such a crazy awesome character, and she had great chemistry with the Bears. I especially loved how they were going to ditch her for being so overbearing in trying to solve their problem, but recanted when she gave a heartfelt speech about the importance of fighting for what's right. No doubt we'll be seeing more of Tabes and the Bears in the future. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, I was in the middle of watching Cinema Snob's review of Miami Connection, and he cut to a scene of the rock band playing some terrible song about friendship.

And I knew it somehow sounded vaguely familiar.

So I just rewatched the Karaoke scene from "Brother Up" and I swear this is a reference to that movie. The song Panda and Ice Bear are singing in the Korean Karaoke bar sounds exactly like a direct parody of that song.

Wow. Unless it's a huge coincidence, We Bare Bears just made a reference to a semi-obscure 1980's Korean Martial Arts B-Movie.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Last night had a nice Ice Bear-focused story, this time with him running away to become a successful teppanyaki chef as his brothers were too wrapped up in a police chase to eat dinner with him. Also gotta love the dorky mouse pad salesman who filled in for Ice getting mistreated by the other two and eventually helping them apologize to Ice.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Remember when I said how this show frequently satirizes Millennial culture, including obsessions with modern gadgets? "Cellie" greatly exemplified that. I especially love how horror movie-esque the phone-finding feature got when Griz and Ice's phones began rising from the grave and tapping at the window like zombies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not to mention how left out Panda felt when all of the updates would only work on advanced phones. You could tell that Panda would otherwise be the one constantly upgrading his if he wasn't that attached to it.

Shame that this show's going to fall on its sword for the next few weeks, but at least it's to make room for Steven U's grand return.

mr3urious

Reaction score
They've been showing some of the recent episodes online, and the most recent, "Bear Flu", sure was hilarious with how the bears acted when they got sick, especially with Panpan being a melodramatic hypochondriac. It was also a great moment for Chloe to be heroic in sneaking the bears out of the paranoid government workers' grasp and toward an actual doctor.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone catch the two-parter with Captain Craboo's return? Nice twist that he defended Ice Bear during Nom Nom's autograph signing, forcing Ice to change his opinion on him. Also loved the courtroom scene with Griz wearing that ridiculous wig associated with judges, thinking that all judges in real life wear them (though I think only the British still stick with that).

And the epic car chase in the 2nd part? O.J. Simpson, eat your heart out. :smile:

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Where do the bears get their money from anyway? We see them grocery shopping, buy food from food trucks, buy thousands of tote bags, yet they're clearly unemployed. Are they payed for by the city because they're wildlife? Are they on welfare?

mr3urious

Reaction score
So before he met his brothers, Ice Bear was raised by a Russian man who let him live with him in exchange for work, which explains so many things, like how he can use an axe.