We really need serious changes to the forum

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is that only the forum administrator can upgrade a member from common member to moderator/staff member. Heck, I was the last mod to be added to the team, and that was back in May of 2007.

However, I do thank everybody who helps point out the presence of spambots when I'm not actually on the forums page(s) though my status says I'm online.

galagr

Reaction score
So.... we're like Moderators in training!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Spotting/dealing with spammers is just one of our duties. We have to settle disputes when/if they should arise, manage other people's posts when applicable, move or merge posts or threads depending on the case, and provide suitable reasoning for the instances when we have to delete posts as well.

There are some people I'd nominate for promotion to "Junior" or "Assistant" mods, just unable to do anything past that because I rully don't know anything about the behind-the-scenes coding/ascention of such a responsability.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm being harassed again.

YAY! This place is so much fun.

We seriously need major changes. More Mods, more ways to deal with Spam/trolls/flame wars. This is getting so out of hand, it's freaking ridiculous. I appreciate completely what's being done here, don't get me wrong... but we NEED some forum rule changes.

Edit... It's clear that we're getting the same psychotic anus that keeps hate bombing the forum every time Kevin Clash is mentioned. We NEED to do something. Move the forum to another hosting site if we have to. These multiple accounts, be they spam or trolls, NEED to be terminated with extreme prejudice.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Drtooth, if there's something you need me to look into with regards to the situation, please point it out and we can try to solve the issue.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've reported a certain member 3 times. But if you really need to know, I'll send you a private message.