Wed 9/19 - Big Bird visits Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Heads up:

Today, PBS is replaying the 1981 episode of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood where Big Bird visits the Neighborhood of Make Believe to participate in King Friday XIII's drawing contest.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
I saw it and it is so awesome! I always remember Late Mr. Rogers!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Ooh how was it i saw this too late,darn it
I saw it when it first happened in 1981, and I thought it was the coolest thing.

It's neat when two shows come together like this.

I guess Fred Rogers and Caroll Spinney became really good friends with each other in 1981, since Fred Rogers also made an appearance on Sesame Street that same year.

He was seen on Sesame Street waiting for a friend to pick him up outside of Hooper's Store, and he was able to console Big Bird when the human friends didn't believe his seeing Mr. Snuffle-Upagus (as usual).

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I was going to post this late the night before the airing, but thought it would be too late. At least we can talk about it for those who have seen it before. Definately one of my favorite Mister Rogers episodes, combining my favorite kids show host with one of my favorite Sesame characters. The interaction with Bird and X the Owl and Henrietta Pussycat was priceless.

It sounds dumb when I tell my friends this, but I want to be the next Mister Rogers! Helping kids like themselves for "just the way they are" plus playing with puppets . . . I can't think of a better job. My last name is Hood, so it would be Mister Hood's Neighborhood, catchy don't you think?

A 32 year old can still dream can't he? ha.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
lol intresting dream. that one is new to me. And i'd say its catchy... but not sure if u can go that same route.