Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
That independent animated adaptation of The Little Prince that was released in France last year will be making its U.S. debut in March this year. I must admit, I do like its use of an original narrative (in CGI) incorporated with the actual story (in stop-motion). Hopefully, the former will be executed better than it was in 2012's The Lorax.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
THE INTERNSHIP? DIRTY GRANDPA? Is DeNiro's career in the crapper?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I suppose, but I mean, this is DeNiro we're talking about, one of the biggest, most serious actors in the biz.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I suppose, but I mean, this is DeNiro we're talking about, one of the biggest, most serious actors in the biz.
These movies do seem oddly soft in tone for DeNiro films.

Edit: This "NORM OF THE NORTH" film looks really bad. It has a really generic premise :

"Displaced from their Arctic home, a polar bear named Norm (Rob Schneider) and his three lemming friends wind up in New York City, where Norm becomes the mascot of a corporation. He soon learns the corporation is tied to the fate of his homeland."

And it once again has really lame fart jokes and the standard kindly little girl who helps the polar bear keep his home. Plus the biggest celebs they could get for this movie were people like Ken Jeong ,Rob Schneider,Bill Nighy and Heather Graham (whom I've never heard of).

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
These movies do seem oddly soft in tone for DeNiro films.

Edit: This "NORM OF THE NORTH" film looks really bad. It has a really generic premise :

"Displaced from their Arctic home, a polar bear named Norm (Rob Schneider) and his three lemming friends wind up in New York City, where Norm becomes the mascot of a corporation. He soon learns the corporation is tied to the fate of his homeland."

And it once again has really lame fart jokes and the standard kindly little girl who helps the polar bear keep his home. Plus the biggest celebs they could get for this movie were people like Ken Jeong ,Rob Schneider,Bill Nighy and Heather Graham (whom I've never heard of).
Norm of the North looks like someone saw Shrek and basically did all Dreamworks bad tropes they're knowm for i.e, Celebrity voices, toilet humor, etc. Ice Age is getting a another squeal. Stop it with Ice Age.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
THE INTERNSHIP? DIRTY GRANDPA? Is DeNiro's career in the crapper?
I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing Dirty Grandpa because his agent or a family member told him not to. DeNiro seems like someone who doesn't respond to suggestions well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heather Graham was a big deal in the late 90's. Now she isn't. Come to think of it, I completely forgot everything she did with the exception of an Austin Powers movie. I've already complained the heck about this movie in the "Worst CGI Films" thread. This thing looks like one of those dubbed Russian animated films that are there to pad Red Box and Netflix's Family collections. I'm worried that may negatively affect Kung Fu Panda 3, which was given a dumb slot to avoid Star Wars and Zootopia.

Meanwhile, it has HAPPENED! Star Wars episode 7 is now the highest domestic grossing film of all time, and it hasn't been out a month yet. Avatar, the original number one accrued its fortune in the course of several months.