1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Weekly Puppetry News Round-Up

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Buck-Beaver, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Every weekend I post a round up on my blog, PuppetVision, that highlights news stories about puppetry from around the world. I also try to include professional workshops, job opportunities, calls for entry and lots of news about puppet festivals.

If you're curious about what's going on in puppetry around the world, please do have a look at this week's installment - Weekly Puppetry News Round-Up: Giant Polar Bear Edition.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't wait to see what thing will look like when it's finished. :electric:

3. Buck-Beaver

jvcarroll likes this.
  4. Buck-Beaver

5. Buck-Beaver

6. Buck-Beaver

7. D'Snowth

I'm hoping my submission for SST's puppeteer workshop won't go unnoticed; I sent it in a couple of weeks ago, but see no evidence of it being viewed yet.

8. Buck-Beaver

Well I wouldn't lose hope because the deadline hasn't passed yet. They might not even look at the submissions until after the deadline!

9. D'Snowth

That's true though. And I'm sure they're getting TONS of submissions, this is a dream opportunity for almost any puppeteer out there.

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I just have to export my mine (hopefully tomorrow).

11. Buck-Beaver

12. Buck-Beaver

13. Buck-Beaver

Another installment of the Weekly Puppetry News Round-Up...this one is the biggest yet!

http://t.co/4vX4QNOr7p

14. D'Snowth

[​IMG]

Buck-Beaver likes this.
  15. Buck-Beaver

16. pileobunnies

pileobunnies New Member

I've been enjoying the News Round-Ups! I've only been making puppets for two months, but it's nice to see another Torontonian really going for it.

17. D'Snowth

Uh... how long has this so-called "Puppet Power Conference" been in existence? Because... well, I don't want to end up being accused of plagerizing, what with that PUPPET POWER webspecial I produced back in October.

18. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

What has happened to your blog buck? getting an error message the last couple days!

cc

19. Buck-Beaver

Sorry about that! The blog is going to be down for a couple weeks because I am completely redeveloping it and moving it to a new server.

It's been around a long time (almost 10 years) and needs a lot of back-end clean and improvements. It will be back online January 20th.

In the meantime, I'm going to be posting occasionally and doing the Weekly Puppetry News Round-Ups on the site's Tumblr.

20. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

SO GLAD TO HEAR IT!!

cc