Weezer and the Muppets: Making the Video special

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a reminder that Sunday the long-awaited "making of" special on Weezer's Keep Fishin' video with the Muppets will be airing on MTV2 at 10 pm eastern. Here are the other times the "Making the Video" will be shown this week as well.

Sun 07/14 - 10:00 PM
Mon 07/15 - 8:30 PM
Tue 07/16 - 1:00 PM
Wed 07/17 - 2:30 AM (Thursday morning)
Sat 07/20 - 12:00 AM (Sunday morning)

If you haven't seen the video, you can watch it at the link below.

http://www.weezer.com/audiovideo/index.html#keep

Let us know what you think about the special and how the Muppets are represented!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Less than an hour 'til I record it. I'm excited!

Funny thing, though. I saw the video on MTV at 2am last Tuesday morning, and I don't even remember how the song goes at all! I remember the video, but not the song.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I just saw it an hour ago! It was great! Rowlf the dog was in it at the end! I could tell it was Bill Baretta performing him. He did a great puppeteering job as usual, but Rowlfs voice just wasn't the same. Pepe was hysterical! Piggy looked and sounded great. Her cheeks looked a little fat.....LOL!

Jake

Sir Didymus

puppetguy

Reaction score
Well, I was thoroughly disappointed. When a show says it is the "Making of.." that's sort of what I expect. I really wanted to see how they went about recreating the backstage set. I had also hoped to see more of the puppeteers than just the tip of Steve Whitmire's head. Instead I got mediocre quips from Pepe the king PAWN and a bad Rowlf recreation from Mr. Baretta. Valiant effort, but go back and watch some old footage. Don't confuse Rowlf the Dog with Bobo the Bear.

What I did like was the outstanding work of Eric Jacobson with Piggy. My gosh...hats off to you, sir. Hoorays for John Kennedy's Fozzie, as well.

If the Muppets ever wanted to make some sort of come-back "Muppet Show" series, this might be the proper springboard they need. They've already got the set...

dan

Reaction score
ALL RIGHT!!!! I live here in Los Angeles and I do not get MTV2, but I made arrangements to go over to a friend's place tonight to watch the making of Weezer video. It wasn't on!!!! If something is on at 10pm eastern, its ususally on here at the same time. Ok, maybe I goofed up on the time difference or something, but on closer examination of MTV2s scheduling, it ain't nowheres!!!! Whats going on!!!:mad: :mad:
Can anybody help me? I know its supposed to be on tomorrow and also later in the week, but its not anywhere on the tv schedules as far as I can see....:confused:

Sweetums74

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed at the beginning of the show. I expected to see a lot more of the actual production of the video- from start to finish. Set construction, story boards, info on how this idea came about.. things like that.

Pepe was really struggling to get a reaction out of the band during his interview with them. Other than the drummer, the other band members had a "I'd rather be doing something else" appearance to them.

Huge difference between the way that Weezer interacted with Pepe and the way that the director interacted with him.

A couple of things really did make this special, though. I'm a Pepe fan and it was cool that he basically "hosted" this show. The penguin rocking out so hard that he collapsed and fell off the amps at the end of one clip (wasn't seen in final cut). Bill's Rowlf performance.

I know a lot of people are going to say "It wasn't the same" or "It didn't sound like Rowlf". I'll have to watch it again, but there were some phrases that were really close to Jim and then there were others when 'Bobo' slipped in there. Steve's Kermit has evolved and improved over the years. I expect Bill's Rowlf and the other performers who are starting to take over the "old" characters will improve in time as well.

The other thing that I liked was that the picture in the final cut of the video was cropped differently from the Real Video cut that is on the Weezer site... the socks aren't as visible.

Great Video concept- not sure that it was the right band for the concept.

Chris

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was at TEN PM!?!?!? No wonder I missed it.

Okay, here's the deal. For some reason I actually get MTV2, even though I do not have cable. A lot of Mass. residents have this. So I guess it's 6:30 for me!

Thog

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Okay, here's the deal. For some reason I actually get MTV2, even though I do not have cable. A lot of Mass. residents have this.
I have the same thing, it's kinda weird. But we're lucky I guess.

Dan

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Well I loved it!

I actually missed the first minute or so, because I had accidentally gone to MTV, and they had shown the Weezer video. So then I was all confused.

Anway, at first I was a little disappointed that this was like a 15 minute (if you take out all of those commercials, it seems like it was 15 minutes) commercial for the video. However, it seems that if the Muppets want some sort of a comeback, every minute they're on MTV is very important. It's definately more important than some commercials for Denny's on ABC Family. Besides, it's Muppets!

While I was watching this, I realized that of all of the Muppets that had speaking parts (either in the video or special), only two (Pepe and Gonzo) were performed by their "original" (or most "well-known") performer.

At first, I didn't like Bill's Rowlf. However, I'm now at the point where I don't care if it sounds 100% like Jim's. I just want Rowlf.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Eric's Piggy rocks! Everything about her is so wonderfully classic! I love it!

I love the video as well. I don't care that it doesn't have such and such. It's such a fun video! It has Muppets in it!

All and all, I thought it was pretty good. If you were looking for the meaning of life as told by Muppets, you are probably disappointed. However, Pepe rocks!

Rufus

Reaction score
Anyone know if MTV (1) will ever air the Making Of episode, or when's a good time to try to catch the video on that station? Don't get MTV2...

- R -