Weezer's Muppet music video

hollism16

Reaction score
First off, for anyone who's been to my site, it has changed to http://webhollis.com so be sure to make a note of it.

My friend got me a copy of the Weezer/Muppet music video that aired on MTv called "Keep Fishin". It's really big (47MB) so it's high quality, but I think I can make it smaller for dial-up folks soon. Check it out on my Muppets page!

Don't forget to sign my GuestBook!

Peace~
Hollis :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Oh cool! I've seen that video only once (at my friend's house, I don't watch MTV) and I thought it was a pretty neat video. :big_grin:

hollism16

Reaction score
How could it be? :concern: It's taped from television. What's to stop someone from taping their favorite shows? If anyone knows where you can buy it, then I'll take it down, but I don't think they're selling it anywhere- I mean, heck, it's also on their site for viewing. I'm just adding a mirror.

I put up the mpeg for VCD burning, and the three different sized WMV versions for different connection speeds.

EDIT: I just read on their site that they're releasing a DVD in Spring 2004. I'll have the video off by then. Notice too that they have a ton of other cool downloads on their Audio/Visual page- their site's pretty sweet!

Later All
Hollis

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yeah, but that's THEIR site. You can't take stuff and add it to your own.

keirnna

Reaction score
Legallity of TV recordings

Right now there are laws in the works that make anything that has been on tv legal to download and share. It falls under the same laws as VHS recordings from TV. Right now the law is that you can download things that were on tv for review. So legally you can dowmload the video that my buddy Hollis has on his site, as long as you delete it off of your computer within a day or so. The actual time is something like 24 to 36 hours. So if Hollis wants to be absolutley legal he could post a notice that says please delete after viewing, and/or within 24 to 36 hours. Legallity can suck it, and he should keep everything the way it is. No one should have a problem with it. I gave him the video and it is an obvious tv recording, not a dvd rip or evern the same video that is on Weezer's site.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Um, well, there are a few people on here who ARE in fact gay, and I don't think they'd like it if you used it as an insult for the rest of us. However, I have heard that the word "Muppet" is readily used over in England as an insult, so if you want, you could call us Muppets.

This is a forum to express opinions, but it is also a friendly forum. Maybe this is something for the monitors to handle, but there really is no reason to offend anybody. There are ways of expressing one's anger without hurting anybody.

WiGgY

Reaction score
You loose credibility with me because of the immature way you decided to express youself. If you want to talk like an adult and try it again go ahead.

The fact is your buddy Hollis there uses stolen material to promote his web site. He's taken DVD rips from various muppet projects without permission. Maybe THIS particular music video is a TV recording, but a lot of stuff on there comes from DVDs.