Weird Al Concert Pics and Set List!

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Someone on WOWAY posted a dissapointing list of songs for the SOL concert.
- Polkarama
- Canadian Idiot
- Close but no cigar
- A Complicated Song
- Bob
- It's all about the pentiums
- You're Pitiful
- Wanna be your lover
- Melody (Couch Potato (ONLY A MEDLEY?!?!?!?!?), Do I creep you out (ONLY A MEDLEY?!?!?!?!?), Isle Thing, Headline News, Bedrock Anthem, Confessions Part 3, Ebay, Ode to a superhero might have missed one or two out)
- Pretty fly for a Rabi (It hasn't ever been played outside of a medley!)
- Trapped in the Drive Thru (I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE IN A MEDLEY!!!!)
- Eat it
- I'll sue ya
- The Saga Begins
- Yoda + Chant
- Weasel Stomping Day
- Smells like Nirvana
- Amish Paradise
- White and Nerdy
- Fat
- Encore: Albuquerque (WHAT?!!!!?!?!??!?!?)

I was skeptical at first, but he posted pics Here. I hope when he's in America he ends with DDTS. I also expected "Like a Surgeon", "My Boulounga", or DTBS, you know the classics, but anyway..... what do you think?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
some good songs but then again i would not go see him in concert either

anytimepally

Reaction score
I like Albuquerque as the encore.. so many brain cells die during that song :big_grin:, so it's best to save it for last so there aren't even more dying afterwards and people can drive home safely

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Al...

I've been a fan of Al's since 1983,all of his old albums on cassette.I got to see him open for The Monkees in 1987.I have his the dvd of his videos and vhs of his last concert and him as a friend on Myspace,lol.

With that said,I miss the classic Al.The last song of his that appeals to me is The Saga Begins,great video too.

-Diana

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That listing isn't too disapointing. It would have been great if Don't Download This Song was included. It also would have been great if some concert-only songs were included. But it's not too bad. I have read a post at that message board that Jon "Bermuda" Swartz said somewhere that there most likely won't be a new concert video/ DVD unless the contents are significantly different from the contents of Weird Al Yankovic - Live!, and the contents of this concert are significantly different. Maybe there will be a new concert video. By my count, only seven songs from the first concert video are included. And Eat It is included as full, rather than as part of a medley. I've read that since 1987 Al hasn't performed the full song to the public.

I think it would have been great if some songs from his first five albums that didn't become singles or music videos (besides Yoda) were included. I didn't see anything from his first album or Polka Party included at all.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I think that's a fairly good lineup. Yes, there could be better songs, but oh well. Except for Trapped in the Drivethru. Good song, but, like Igor, I would expect it in a medley!
I think I'm going to see him at the California State Fair. I hope!

anytimepally

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I've been a fan of Al's since 1983,all of his old albums on cassette.I got to see him open for The Monkees in 1987.I have his the dvd of his videos and vhs of his last concert and him as a friend on Myspace,lol.

With that said,I miss the classic Al.The last song of his that appeals to me is The Saga Begins,great video too.

-Diana
I have been a longtime fan of Al's as well (I was even a member of his fan cub, "Close, Personal Friends of Al"), and I agree the classic Al was much better, but I did like the song "Bob" from the album before this.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
anytimepally said:
I have been a longtime fan of Al's as well (I was even a member of his fan cub, "Close, Personal Friends of Al"), and I agree the classic Al was much better, but I did like the song "Bob" from the album before this.
I actually think all of the songs are as good as the other's (with a few exeptions), but altogether the new ones are just as good as the old. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS MY OPINION.